X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piorunz
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Analogous things could he said for most Linux distros.
    Totally agree. Majority of Linux distros are totally useless.
    Same goes with cryptocurrency. 99% of them are just copy-paste.
    What is wrong with humans?

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by piorunz View Post

Same shit, different name. Copy-paste hobby spew-out without real purpose. Maintainer of this "distro" or whatever would be more useful contributing to FreeBSD instead of doing their own xero-copy version.
    Analogous things could he said for most Linux distros.

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied

It's not a "distro" you crybaby, it is "derivative". Penguin has distros with it's "kernel+shoddy-taped-together-utilities"-approach. Which means, it's still FreeBSD OS underneath custom theme.
    Same shit, different name. Copy-paste hobby spew-out without real purpose. Maintainer of this "distro" or whatever would be more useful contributing to FreeBSD instead of doing their own xero-copy version.

Leave a comment:

• vladimir86
    replied
    I find it funny that it is mentioned here as "leading": Last time I checked it you couldnĀ“t even install it! It worked as a live distro, like Knoppix. That said, I understand (might be wrong) that the desktop is not just another DE reskin, but a new one. And quite interesting. I liked the project and will check it out... well, when it is at least uninstallable

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post

Not since systemd.
    What do you think is in role of the "tape"?

Leave a comment:

• r_a_trip
    replied
    Penguin has distros with it's "kernel+shoddy-taped-together-utilities"-approach.
    Not since systemd.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    lol, "leading desktop bsd" sounds like "blind leading the blind"

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by piorunz View Post
    Yet another BSD copy-paste distro, of which no one heard about, is suddenly leading desktop BSD?
    It's not a "distro" you crybaby, it is "derivative". Penguin has distros with it's "kernel+shoddy-taped-together-utilities"-approach. Which means, it's still FreeBSD OS underneath custom theme.

Leave a comment:

• darkoverlordofdata
    replied
    I've been using helloSystem for several months, and I really like it. It's more like a re-evolution of GNUstep, with Cocoa replaced by Qt. It does borrow the menu from Mac, but it's more like a parallel to Mac than derived from Mac. Yes, I drank the Kool-Aide, and it was good!

There is no need for freedesktop style *.desktop files. Instead it uses the GNUstep .app folder structure, so you install an app by dragging it into the Applications folder. I prefer the global style menu - I never have to look before moving my mouse to the menu, and I can easily tell which window has the focus.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    How is the developer able to use Apple's "hello" wordmark? Isn't it trademarked or something?
    I'm surprised Apple hasn't sued the guy yet...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X