Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenSolaris/Illumos-Derived OpenIndiana 2021.10 Released With Better Hardware Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSolaris/Illumos-Derived OpenIndiana 2021.10 Released With Better Hardware Support

Phoronix: OpenSolaris/Illumos-Derived OpenIndiana 2021.10 Released With Better Hardware Support

OpenIndiana as the open-source operating system forked from what was Sun's OpenSolaris and now based on Illumos is out with its latest half-year update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish the Illumos kernel projects all the luck and success in the world. The last System V Unix derivative that is open source. I used open Solaris in university but other than running Triblix in a VM haven't touched the Illumos based projects that much. I have heard that their security record isn't that great but I hope they get the manpower to fix security bugs.

Comment

OI Hipster wasn't a terrible release, but I'm glad they're still working on it. I was worried that Illumos as a whole was going to be abandoned when OpenZFS went Linux-first.

Comment

Working...
      X