No announcement yet.

Genode OS 21.11 Now Has Working Intel Gen9+ Graphics, Better PinePhone Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genode OS 21.11 Now Has Working Intel Gen9+ Graphics, Better PinePhone Support

Phoronix: Genode OS 21.11 Now Has Working Intel Gen9+ Graphics, Better PinePhone Support

Genode OS as the interesting open-source operating system framework is out with its v21.11 release this week and delivers on many hardware improvements and other features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good server/container OS.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Good server/container OS.
      Is that theory or experience talking?

Comment

Originally posted by WorBlux View Post

Is that theory or experience talking?
        Most certainly theory. It's weird because I have trouble imagining who the Genode's customer are even though they clearly have enough to sustain themselves.

Semi embedded government computers? Operating system that interfaces with critical machinery?

The 20 MB OS size and ability to use SeL4 could be appealing to those customers, but it sounds like a lot of work to setup/train users for it. I tried it and while it was super fun and interesting to poke around, it took me a good couple of hours and reading their (admittedly amazing) documentation to start to understand what I was doing.
        Last edited by kvuj; 04 December 2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I love that Michael covers this OS because it seems so interesting but it gets 0 coverage else where. It is like the microkernel and virtualization super secure OS. More secure than OpenBSD even, but I have no idea how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
            I love that Michael covers this OS because it seems so interesting but it gets 0 coverage else where. It is like the microkernel and virtualization super secure OS. More secure than OpenBSD even, but I have no idea how to use it.
            Yes the most secure OS is the one you can never use

Comment

Working...
            X