Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haiku OS Managing To Run Zink OpenGL Atop Radeon Vulkan Driver For 3D Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haiku OS Managing To Run Zink OpenGL Atop Radeon Vulkan Driver For 3D Acceleration

Phoronix: Haiku OS Managing To Run Zink OpenGL Atop Radeon Vulkan Driver For 3D Acceleration

Last month we reported on progress for porting the Mesa Radeon Vulkan driver to Haiku, the BeOS-inspired open-source operating system. Now in ending out November they not only have RADV running but also working with Gallium3D's Zink for offering OpenGL acceleration over Vulkan...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...u-OS-Zink-RADV

Wow, port that open source AMD driver to any OS and you basically have... Linux, a great workstation OS but no power/commercial apps. (Being sarcastic of course.)

Congrats to the Haiku devs, this is a huge goal to cross.

Comment

Nice, now the situation is getting hot!

Comment

Keep going haiku, I don't know what you bring to the table, but always cool to see them make progress

Comment

There aren't that many alternative OSs Chrome-derived browser and 3d acceleration. Haiku now has both; quite the milestone.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
            Keep going haiku, I don't know what you bring to the table, but always cool to see them make progress
            You can always try it on a VM, it is pretty neat!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

You can always try it on a VM, it is pretty neat!
              my desktop is out of commission, so maybe eventually

Comment

Working...
              X