Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL2 Begins Landing More Workable RISC OS Support

Phoronix: SDL2 Begins Landing More Workable RISC OS Support

Back in February 2020 SDL2 began seeing early work for RISC OS support. Now being merged this weekend to this key library used by many cross-platform games is now more functioning support for the RISC OS Arm-based operating system...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...2-More-RISC-OS

I swear I'm not trying to troll or anything, but, do people run RISC OS today?

Comment

Nate beat me to it! Why?

RISCOS was pretty cool in the 80's but now I'm struggling to see why anyone would still be using it. It doesn't even have a large catalogue of retro games people might want to play like the Amiga and Atari ST.

Out of curiosity I did give RISCOS a go on my RPi 4 about a year ago but it was totally unusable. USB input wasn't working so I couldn't even launch an app.

Comment

Yeah I hate when lines of code are added for private joke reasons. Code should always be stripped down the most possible and made as light and useful as possible.

Added support for dead OS or dead devices is a plague in FOSS.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
          Yeah I hate when lines of code are added for private joke reasons. Code should always be stripped down the most possible and made as light and useful as possible.

Added support for dead OS or dead devices is a plague in FOSS.
          It's not a dead OS though. It runs on reasonably modern hardware (it supports the Pi) and is currently still in active (albeit slow) development.

Comment

Working...
          X