Haiku Marching Towards R1 Beta 3, RISC-V Bring-Up, Intel Display work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cynic View Post
    nice to see that they're working on font rendering. Last time I tried HaikuOS it was a bit ugly (and I'm a bit susceptible about font rendering)
    It depends on the font. The default font is not so great (although rendering it has become better!), but with a custm more high-quality font, it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
      Haiku and ReactOS are in the same category for me, a great project with a wonderful team and community behind them, but, realistically, probably won't ever get anywhere close to a working, functioning production system. Haiku's only marginally more functional than ReactOS but both seem to enjoy kernel panicking when you ask them to do more than run a console hello world app.
      I haven't had a Haiku kernel panick in a long, long time, and mind you: I'm using nightly builds which should be more prone to that. So not sure where your kernel panicking comes from, but it's probably related to your specific system.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

If the hardware support is somewhat inconsistent and spotty, then it may not be possible just yet.
        I was a bit ironic. Though some benchmarks might be possible even if the whole PTS is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
        X