Following NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD Now Has "COVID"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curfew View Post
    Red herring much? You are still implying that covid vaccines have such adverse side effects that even taking pills for the rest of your life would be better an option.
    There's still a decent chance that COVID doesn't remain endemic, so it wouldn't necessarily be lifetime; plus, if we improve the vaccines then maybe people who objected to the current round of vaccines will take the later ones. And actually, funny enough, the current round of vaccines have enough adverse effects that even taking Ivermectin weekly for the rest of your life would be less likely to produce a severe adverse effect, correct.

And what is this nonsense about "clinical roles"? Single vaccination is much easier to organize than distribution of pills for daily or weekly consumption.
    That depends on the logistics of distributing the vaccines (the current round require at least refrigeration, some require specialized deep refrigeration), and how long it is before you need a booster. If you need yearly or two-year boosters then you have to take the whole lifetime regimen into account. It is not a foregone conclusion that it is easier to organize than PCT.

The claim of a weekly dose you pulled out off your ass. For example PrEP medication for HIV should be taken daily. You are a serious antivaccer.
    Weekly is the current most frequent dosing recommended for prophylaxis with Ivermectin. Much of the research was conducted with bi-weekly or even monthly dosing. It is possible that taking it more often could reduce the peak dose requirement, which may be a good idea in the long term, but weekly doses are both highly effective and very safe. PrEP is a completely different medication, characterized differently; why would the dosing schedule be the same?

You are a serious antivaccer.
    No, you're just anti-science. If you like the current vaccines, and you are willing to accept the hazard that we discover long term effects later on, then with your doctor's blessing please get whichever of the current ones has the lowest adverse effect rate for your demographics. As for me, I'm going to hold off a bit until there are better data on these vaccines and on their shared mechanism (introducing spike proteins into the body).
    Last edited by microcode; 12 July 2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
      Why am I not surprised to see you pushing a Russian vaccine?

> Novavax, Inc., is an American biotechnology company based in Gaithersburg, Maryland

Why am I not surprised to see you promoting xenophobia while somehow getting your facts wrong as well?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

almost agree - but long covid is present in 10%(!) of the younger cohort of patients. Just "the sniffels"* as once trump has said is different. Long-covid Patients which have gotten vaxinnated show better prognosis - at least the data of adults is showing this. Most people just think in terms of _survived_ or _dead_ but the darker greyscale of survived but having severe issues is also very prominent under the younger folks with alleged "mild progression" .

*I had to use this quote because it resembles the most ignorant statement i could think of.
        Yeah, I hope for them there are not unforeseen long term effects. It is a personal choice. There are treatments for long COVID, and thankfully it looks like many of the treatments that work in early and late acute COVID also help with long COVID. Also, for the proportion of vaccine recipients who also develop long COVID symptoms, some of the same treatments appear to help (maybe due to a common cause, seems like it might be an autoimmune thing?).

Hopefully enough people get a prophylaxis of one sort or another (vaccine, drugs, or isolation on a tropical island) that COVID becomes non-endemic once more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonk View Post
          But again, no part of this process is gene therapy.
          The part where they transfect the genes that code for the spike protein into the moth cells (or in the case of the mRNA and advectored vaccines, into human cells) is a gene therapy lol. Seriously I don't get why this is a dirty phrase, gene therapies are a great technology, and the gene therapy part of the current round of vaccines probably isn't what causes the side effects.

Comment

"My body, my choice."

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              "My body, my choice."
              Sure, if you live on a desert island.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                The part where they transfect the genes that code for the spike protein into the moth cells (or in the case of the mRNA and advectored vaccines, into human cells) is a gene therapy lol.
                No it is not. I will repeat myself because you apparently missed it in my last comment:

Gene therapy by definition involves the modification of the target cell's DNA. The mRNA and viral vectored vaccines cause the cell to be modified, but do not enter the nucleus, let alone modify the DNA within.

If the target cell's DNA is not being modified, it is not gene therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonk View Post
                  No it is not. I will repeat myself because you apparently missed it in my last comment:

Gene therapy by definition involves the modification of the target cell's DNA. The mRNA and viral vectored vaccines cause the cell to be modified, but do not enter the nucleus, let alone modify the DNA within.

If the target cell's DNA is not being modified, it is not gene therapy.
                  I wish gene therapy would be as easy as using mRNA vaccines.. it'd solve so many incurable illnesses..

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                    I probably won't keep it in the tree forever. I thought about putting it in /usr/games (which is like the dustbin for BSD distributions), but ... obviously not very P.C. to do that. For now though, its in the distribution as a statement to the sheer stupidity that a large-enough portion of our population exhibited which resulted in over 600K deaths in the U.S., including the older parents of several long-time friends of mine (but not mine, thankfully).

-Matt
                    Hi.
                    I, and all my friends, have a confusion about your statement and this utility.
                    It is pretty vague, so, can you please clarify it for us, and for others who have same confusion?

1. What exactly do you mean by the phrase "sheer stupidity"? What kind of stupidity?
                    2. Do you think that vaccination is the right solution for the problem?
                    3. Do you think that available vaccines a safe?
                    4. Do you think that governments should push vaccination on people by economical or other means?

With regards.

- Alex.

Comment

Working...
                    X