Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
    This is bound to upset snowflakes.
    Or maybe the snowflakes are the people who insist on their institutional narrative being pushed everywhere, and get upset when people don't want to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

FWIW OpenBSD is unlikely to include it. :+ )
      Which is why OpenBSD will survive the apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

You know of course that putting this in the distro will make those kind of people just believe that "everyone" is forced to do it and it is all part of a "grand scheme" right?
        Anyway, something more interesting - Have you ever considered adding something similar to OpenMosix/LinuxPMI natively to DragonFly?
        Re: openmosix et-all, not personally. It would be fun to have if someone wanted to take on that project.

But I am helping one of our devs bring in NetBSD's NVMM hardware virtualization infrastructure. We have it fully operational in DFly now, under test, and it will probably be pushed into master this week some-time. Windows 10 and several high-core-count DFly instances work great with a patched qemu-6.0.0 (which we are also working on making robust in dports). It has been a fairly straight-forward port, we've only had to depart from NetBSD in a few places to get things like a properly MP-synchronized TSC operating correctly, and to reduce high-core-count contention due to QEMU's NVMM implementation (which unfortunately acquires a global I/O mutex on every entry/exit to the VM). Right now I'm testing a concurrent dsynth bulk build on a 32-core qemu and a windows 10 on an 8-core qemu (host is a TR3990X), and its been rock solid for 2 days.

We're pretty excited about finally getting working HVM into DFly.

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
          Well personally I don't trust a vaccine that's been rushed through so quickly. I also find it disturbing just how much big tech and the media have been trying to censor out the discussion on Ivermectin, which has been shown to be quite effective against Covid.
          Ah, my comment was censored, in this very thread.

Didn't even say anything wrong in it, just recommended people at least stop and think about it before taking a vaccine that can have fatal side effects.

I just dared to dive into a bit more detail and facts about it and bam, my comment got deleted by Michael, no explanation, no justification, just like my post never existed. I put a lot of thought into that comment, quite a rude thing to do to a man.
          Last edited by rabcor; 06 July 2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

no wonder that there are so much anti vaxers under pc users ....all that oppressive years we have suffered under norton ...that was worse than having a computervirus.
            Last edited by CochainComplex; 06 July 2021, 05:01 PM.

Comment

But the problems with the vaccines have little to do with whether they are mRNA transfecting (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna), adenovirus transfecting (Janssen-J&J, Oxford-AstraZeneca), or exogenous immunogen-carrying lipid nanoparticle (Novavax), and everything to do with the use of the spike protein as the target immunogen.

All of the current vaccines are based on introducing the spike protein into the body, which is also a likely culprit for most of the known side effects.

Regardless, it is ludicrous to say with any certainty that it is advisable to administer this vaccine to all children, adolescents, and young adults; there are age groups where even the current rate of reported adverse effects is greater with the vaccine than with the virus.
              almost agree - but long covid is present in 10%(!) of the younger cohort of patients. Just "the sniffels"* as once trump has said is different. Long-covid Patients which have gotten vaxinnated show better prognosis - at least the data of adults is showing this. Most people just think in terms of _survived_ or _dead_ but the darker greyscale of survived but having severe issues is also very prominent under the younger folks with alleged "mild progression" .

*I had to use this quote because it resembles the most ignorant statement i could think of.
              Last edited by CochainComplex; 06 July 2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post

Re: openmosix et-all, not personally. It would be fun to have if someone wanted to take on that project.

But I am helping one of our devs bring in NetBSD's NVMM hardware virtualization infrastructure. We have it fully operational in DFly now, under test, and it will probably be pushed into master this week some-time. Windows 10 and several high-core-count DFly instances work great with a patched qemu-6.0.0 (which we are also working on making robust in dports). It has been a fairly straight-forward port, we've only had to depart from NetBSD in a few places to get things like a properly MP-synchronized TSC operating correctly, and to reduce high-core-count contention due to QEMU's NVMM implementation (which unfortunately acquires a global I/O mutex on every entry/exit to the VM). Right now I'm testing a concurrent dsynth bulk build on a 32-core qemu and a windows 10 on an 8-core qemu (host is a TR3990X), and its been rock solid for 2 days.

We're pretty excited about finally getting working HVM into DFly.

-Matt
                Interesting... I have to admit that I am not much of a DFly user myself (have tried it a couple of times), I do always read DFly news though , and dare I say it may be a future OS for me. Keep up the good work!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

All of the current vaccines are based on introducing the spike protein into the body, which is also a likely culprit for most of the known side effects.
                  What's your source on the spike protein being the most likely culprit?

it is ludicrous to say with any certainty that it is advisable to administer this vaccine to all children, adolescents, and young adults; there are age groups where even the current rate of reported adverse effects is greater with the vaccine than with the virus.
                  You need to distinguish between long-term side-effects (including death) and minor ones. Certainly, once you do that, the vaccine is way safer than the virus.

Beyond that, the point of vaccination is to build herd immunity so that people who can't take a vaccine (or on whom it doesn't work) are still protected.

Comment

Yes, the vaccine kills people, how many people? We don't know. Why don't we know? Doctors are actually NOT AT ALL required to report the effects, and there is no practical way that those reports would be gathered. VAERS is experiencing more reports than ever before, and the people who operate that database will tell you that it is underreporting.
                    From the website:

VAERS accepts and analyzes reports of possible health problems—also called “adverse events”—after vaccination. As an early warning system, VAERS cannot prove that a vaccine caused a problem. Specifically, a report to VAERS does not mean that a vaccine caused an adverse event. But VAERS can give CDC and FDA important information. If it looks as though a vaccine might be causing a problem, FDA and CDC will investigate further and take action if needed.

Anyone can submit a report to VAERS — healthcare professionals, vaccine manufacturers, and the general public.

Given that literally anyone can submit reports, it's more likely to be over-reported. While it's true that the number of deaths might be difficult to pin down exactly, there was a problem discovered with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, when only about a half-dozen deaths were reported. Given that, I'd say the reporting system works pretty well.

And even for those who are satisfied with the risk benefit balance of the vaccines, there are alternative prophylactics to vaccines
                    That's incorrect. There are no large-scale, placebo-controlled, double-blind studies demonstrating the protective effect of Ivermectin (or anything else, to my knowledge). And if there were, how long would you stay on it?

During the course of a typical treatment, ivermectin can cause minor aminotransferase elevations and, rarely, mild clinically apparent liver disease.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iverme...dverse_effects

If a typical course of treatment involves a minor degree of liver toxicity, I sure wouldn't want to take it for an extended period of time! There are side-effects concerning other populations, as well.

You shouldn't promote alternative treatments that have yet to be proven. The data on it is very mixed, and much of it is of poor quality. You can learn more about it, here:

Comment

Originally posted by archZFSman View Post
                      If you want to a balanced view of the actual data don't read what some quacks are saying, look for peer-reviewed studies in reputable journals. It is crucially important to read high-quality sources of information, not what some random people with impressive-sounding titles are saying on the internet. Good luck and stay safe.
                      Fixed that for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X