Following NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD Now Has "COVID"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    BTW, only two of the vaccines are mRNA-based. People can still get vaccinated, even if they don't want to take a mRNA vaccine.
    I just want to make it perfectly clear for everyone: mRNA vaccines do not modify DNA. mRNA vaccines CANNOT modify DNA. DNA is in a cell's nucleus and the mRNA does not enter the nucleus. Even if the mRNA was put into the nucleus it isn't capable of doing anything there.

(In fact the nucleus would eventually say "hey, you, stop slacking" and then kick it out into the rest of the cell to do the job it is meant to do.)

Originally posted by gabber View Post
    • some want to be vaccinated and already are (i.e. risk group where you choose between a high chance of dying and a rushed vaccination)
    • some will not be vaccinated, no matter what (antivaxxers)
    • some are not so sure <- This is the groups you're targeting
    People who listen to authorities are in the first group. The third group likes to make up their own mind. If they see a benefit, they'll get vaccinated.
    First, many of the people who want to be vaccinated are not high risk.

Second, there are actually only two groups:
    1. people who understand that: a) vaccines in general have been proven to be one of the safest, most effective, and most efficient tools to protect public health; b) the COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in the democratic developed world are SAFE and WORK; and c) the best way to end this pandemic is for everyone to do the responsible thing and get vaccinated as quickly as possible
    2. people who: don't care how their actions affect others; refuse to acknowledge that there are some things (eg. medical science) they do not understand at the same level that other people (ie. the experts) do; deny mountains of clear evidence that vaccines are safe, effective, and efficient; or are part of the "covID is jusT ThE fLu" crowd
    That's it. The evidence is in, the fence is gone. Anyone who thinks the fence is still there is in group 2.

Comment

Originally posted by gabber View Post
      What is worse then categorically being against a medical procedure? Forcing one on people.

This is not helping one bit:
      • some want to be vaccinated and already are (i.e. risk group where you choose between a high chance of dying and a rushed vaccination)
      • some will not be vaccinated, no matter what (antivaxxers)
      • some are not so sure <- This is the groups you're targeting
      People who listen to authorities are in the first group. The third group likes to make up their own mind. If they see a benefit, they'll get vaccinated.
      When you where on the fence on a topic, did it help if somebody tried to push you?
      The problem is largely a huge amount of disinformation that is spreading around, even among theoreticly big media. For example i saw tons of bullshit like that vaccine kills people. Well... it happened to extremly low %, to a point it is so low, it is hard to decide if death came from random occurances (heart attack? stroke?) or not. The nature of any test trials, is that doctors have to note ANY side effects during treatment, even ones unrelated. Professor that treats me for very rare disease, told me that once she had to write down that medicine coused fatness (in reality there were no other reports of that) because patient insisted it is because of that.

Also about that vaccines are untested, they were tested by 100+ milion people worldwide already. There is no need to worry that medicine is untested, since the test population is huge.
      The reason why most test trials is working so long and in multi stage, is because normally population testing is small and you want to be sure among diffrent populations medicine is still working (not just the most serious clinically bad patients), but here due to how many people took it, there is no danger from that medicine is untested.

Comment

This is so cringe. Seriously nobody should get their medical advice from you, you are not special.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

The problem is largely a huge amount of disinformation that is spreading around, even among theoreticly big media. For example i saw tons of bullshit like that vaccine kills people. Well... it happened to extremly low %, to a point it is so low, it is hard to decide if death came from random occurances (heart attack? stroke?) or not. The nature of any test trials, is that doctors have to note ANY side effects during treatment, even ones unrelated.

there is no danger from that medicine is untested.
          You're just saying whatever it takes, this is motivated reasoning.

Yes, the vaccine kills people, how many people? We don't know. Why don't we know? Doctors are actually NOT AT ALL required to report the effects, and there is no practical way that those reports would be gathered. VAERS is experiencing more reports than ever before, and the people who operate that database will tell you that it is underreporting.

And even for those who are satisfied with the risk benefit balance of the vaccines, there are alternative prophylactics to vaccines which are about as effective and which have a multi-decade safety record rather than a multi month safety record (ivermectin having about 40 years of clinical history, and orders of magnitude fewer associated severe adverse events when compared to the vaccines, and fewer deaths as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
            Well personally I don't trust a vaccine that's been rushed through so quickly. I also find it disturbing just how much big tech and the media have been trying to censor out the discussion on Ivermectin, which has been shown to be quite effective against Covid.
            Please don't talk about Ivermectin or other treatments for covid here. The stakeholders do have the ability to shadowban this site in search engines ruining Michael's platform. If you want to a balanced view of the actual data search these names: Dr. Peter McCollough, Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi, Dr. Robert Malone, Dr. Luc Montagnier, Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche, Dr. Mike Yeadon, Dr. Pierre Kory. There are many others but these names will get you started. It is crucially important to read widely beyond mainstream sources of information. Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

This is bound to upset snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
                they were tested by 100+ milion people worldwide already. There is no need to worry that medicine is untested
                Can you elaborate, why this statement is also true for long-term consequences?

Comment

Every UNIX command performs a task (even if it's a game), and I thought BSDs had a clear mind about UNIX purity. This is just utter sillyness. What's going to be next? A "diesel" command that tells you to buy an electric car? Or a "citizen" command that tells you how you must behave and think? If this covid joke came preinstalled in MacOS, I could understand, given Apple's more and more ideological pushy manners, but the BSDs... come on...

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                    Traffic in FUD, much? You sound like a delightful person to have at a party.

Edit: this explains why specifically mRNA is believed not to modify DNA:

BTW, only two of the vaccines are mRNA-based. People can still get vaccinated, even if they don't want to take a mRNA vaccine.
                    But the problems with the vaccines have little to do with whether they are mRNA transfecting (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna), adenovirus transfecting (Janssen-J&J, Oxford-AstraZeneca), or exogenous immunogen-carrying lipid nanoparticle (Novavax), and everything to do with the use of the spike protein as the target immunogen.

All of the current vaccines are based on introducing the spike protein into the body, which is also a likely culprit for most of the known side effects.

Regardless, it is ludicrous to say with any certainty that it is advisable to administer this vaccine to all children, adolescents, and young adults; there are age groups where even the current rate of reported adverse effects is greater with the vaccine than with the virus.
                    Last edited by microcode; 06 July 2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cesarcafe View Post
                      If this covid joke came preinstalled in MacOS, I could understand, given Apple's more and more ideological pushy manners, but the BSDs... come on...
                      FWIW OpenBSD is unlikely to include it. :+ )

Comment

Working...
                      X