Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD EPYC Performance With FreeBSD 13 Beta

Phoronix: AMD EPYC Performance With FreeBSD 13 Beta

Last week when conducting preliminary benchmarks of the new FreeBSD 13 operating system beta we found broad and significant performance improvements on Intel hardware but how is this popular BSD operating system performing for AMD EPYC? Here are some initial performance tests looking at FreeBSD 12.2 stable to FreeBSD 13 beta on an AMD EPYC 7F52 server.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what about running linux with a kvm vm running freebsd running the same benchmarks to get some idea what hit it is to run in vm - could we see those too, Please.

Comment

Damn those are a lot of Threadripper chips on the picture. Nice!

Comment

I got the Idea that on Intel Hardware things were running a lot faster than on AMD.. if the tests are the same..

Comment

Nice. Huge improvements actually.

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post
            Nice. Huge improvements actually.
            And huge regressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

And huge regressions.
              Fuck off trollkid. BETA has still debug switches enabled. From RC's onward will have debugging turned off like regular releases.

Wanna see regressions, go see any Linux kernel update.
              Last edited by aht0; 18 February 2021, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                Fuck off trollkid. BETA has still debug switches enabled. From RC's onward will have debugging turned off like regular releases.

Wanna see regressions, go see any Linux kernel update.
                Chill out dude! What is your point exactly? No one is happy for the regressions. I hope they get fixed. In the meanwhile, they are clearly there. And Michael is doing an important work in finding such issues. Maybe now someone notices and they get fixed. Or they get shipped. Let's first see, eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by kobblestown View Post

Chill out dude! What is your point exactly? No one is happy for the regressions. I hope they get fixed. In the meanwhile, they are clearly there. And Michael is doing an important work in finding such issues. Maybe now someone notices and they get fixed. Or they get shipped. Let's first see, eh?!
                  My point is telling Volta to fuck off, is all. See his post history when it comes to any thread related to systemd-less linuces or BSD's. Kid is only spreading poison with malicious intent because he is one of the childish diehard systemd/linux-supremacists who regards any other open souce operating system project as "competitor that should die". Them spamming FUD in any thread I am interested in, gets annoying, since often good discussion becomes either complete troll-fest or back-and-forth "my thing is sooo much better". Clearer now?

Comment

Working...
                  X