X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post
    No, Linux doesn't have ambitions to become the slowest and insecure shit ever. Furthermore, Gnome proves you wrong. It's BSD that wants to be Linux, but it failed miserably.
    If BSD wanted to be Linux, it'd had switched kernel and license long a go - no need to spout complete nonsense.
    Slowest and insecure? You can be "fast and assuredly insecure" or "slower and securer" but never fast and secure. Either demands sacrifices from other, can't really have both. Again boi Volta spouting fanboyish-nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    "Winblows" is something Linux tries to be like ever so hard.. kinda laughing over your problems "blah blah my system shuts down 5min.."
    No, Linux doesn't have ambitions to become the slowest and insecure shit ever. Furthermore, Gnome proves you wrong. It's BSD that wants to be Linux, but it failed miserably.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
    Systemd is a simple and stupid solution to a big and hard to solve problem.
    It matches the architecture of the gnu coreutils while serving its purpose and only its purpose. There is nothing about it that does not fit in unix traditions and KISS.
    Claiming it is "simple" is in itself "stupid", lol. Have you taken look at it's documentation, tried to debug it when you run into issues or actually used it without parroting through howto's?
    And your claim is sorta correct only if you see its purpose being "trying to do and control everything possible".

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post
    Except Linux eats this shit for breakfast in many aspects, so I'm laughing from winblows users and problems they have.
    "Winblows" is something Linux tries to be like ever so hard.. kinda laughing over your problems "blah blah my system shuts down 5min.."

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
    The more people any alternate OS can appeal from Microsoft the better, imo.
    So the closed, Apple-wired macOS too? 'Cause in your words, it's an alternate OS that appeals from Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• MNKyDeth
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

It matches the architecture of the gnu coreutils while serving its purpose and only its purpose. There is nothing about it that does not fit in unix traditions and KISS.
    And thats fine. I get it, some people like systemd. I prefer my init system to be just that and nothing more. However... I would say if it was in "unix" tradition it would work on the BSDs as well. As they are rooted in unix as well, possibly even more so.

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
    I appreciate the BSD's. It does keep modern Linux distro's rooted somewhat so that not all distro's adapt systemd and pulseaudio. Both have their benefits but both also have their downfalls.

I prefer Linux distro's that have a BSD philosophy. KISS and all that. But allow to build big complex systems. Yes, Gentoo fits this bill but I personally use Crux... With pulseaudio as I no longer have a hardware based sound card.

BSDs need to improve and keep improving. They are solid and function appropriately for what they are intended. And when trying to bring in other crowds I have no issue with that either just like when steam came to Linux etc.

Leave a comment:

• MNKyDeth
    replied
    I appreciate the BSD's. It does keep modern Linux distro's rooted somewhat so that not all distro's adapt systemd and pulseaudio. Both have their benefits but both also have their downfalls.

I prefer Linux distro's that have a BSD philosophy. KISS and all that. But allow to build big complex systems. Yes, Gentoo fits this bill but I personally use Crux... With pulseaudio as I no longer have a hardware based sound card.

BSDs need to improve and keep improving. They are solid and function appropriately for what they are intended. And when trying to bring in other crowds I have no issue with that either just like when steam came to Linux etc.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by Danniello View Post

Well... Your harsh comment is very similar what I hear from Windows users when they joking about Linux users...
    Except Linux eats this shit for breakfast in many aspects, so I'm laughing from winblows users and problems they have.

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by Danniello View Post

Well... Your harsh comment is very similar what I hear from Windows users when they joking about Linux users...

Great, that there is alternative for Windows, great that there is also alternative for Linux.
    Yea, its not really serious speech. But it helps against the BSD fanboys with their "GPL is a religion, BSD is a philosophy" BS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X