WireGuard For Windows Updated With Improved Installer, ARM/ARM64 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WireGuard For Windows Updated With Improved Installer, ARM/ARM64 Support

Phoronix: WireGuard For Windows Updated With Improved Installer, ARM/ARM64 Support

WireGuard's adoption continues growing with it recently having the accomplishments of being back-ported to Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, coming to Android 12, upstreamed into OpenBSD, and other accomplishments this year. The WireGuard developers have now also updated their port of this secure VPN tunnel technology for Micrsoft Windows...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...or-Windows-0.3

I can't report typos right now I am sorry. BNieuwenhuizen Space Heater

Comment

> WireGuard For Windows 0.3

Wow, I wouldn't have imagined such a wide range of retrocompatibility
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

The more technically interesting announcement is the related Wintun 0.9 one: https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wi...er/005921.html
        Not sure why Michael didn't cover that, but as far as open source kernel drivers go, this was really a big deal for us.

Comment

Any suggestion for a web ui with centralized authentication (LDPA / SAML2 / RADIUS), something like openvpn-as for a company VPN service? I found but still not tried these:

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            Any suggestion for a web ui with centralized authentication (LDPA / SAML2 / RADIUS), something like openvpn-as for a company VPN service? I found but still not tried these:
            Did you look at Tailscale?

www.tailscale.com

Comment

I was trying to differentiate Wireguard & DPDK in OSI terms. (I know DPDK is not a VPN) Basically, thinking out loud.

Wireguard is a TUN at Layer 3, DPDK collects frames at Layer 2 and pushes them up to the Application space at Layer 7.

Since DPDK by design bypasses Layer 3, and accelerates custom IP traffic, and Wireguard uses UDP, there are no complementary use cases, not even with SR-IOV.

DPDK binds directly to the NIC, Wireguard TUN is attached to the kernel.

Last edited by edwaleni; 26 November 2020, 01:16 AM. Reason: Corrected a comment on DPDK

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Did you look at Tailscale?

www.tailscale.com
                Looks good, but I need a software to implement in my network, not a service.

Comment

Working...
                X