Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueNAS 12 Released As The Marriage Of FreeNAS + TrueNAS

Phoronix: TrueNAS 12 Released As The Marriage Of FreeNAS + TrueNAS

OpenBSD 6.8, NetBSD 9.1, and now TrueNAS 12.0 is out... It seems to be BSD release week!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

insert-comment-about-docker-truenas-scale

Comment

I hope TrueNAS doesn't replace FreeNAS entirely.

Mostly because the FreeNAS logo was cooler. Even if it was a little close to the OpenVMS shark logo.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
        I hope TrueNAS doesn't replace FreeNAS entirely. Mostly because the FreeNAS logo was cooler. Even if it was a little close to the OpenVMS shark logo.
        The shark logo is now an endangered species. The company has stated their intention to eliminate the FreeNAS brand going forward (although, as with all re-branding, it make take years to eliminate all the references, and some people will use the name FreeNAS even when they are running TrueNAS CORE because their mental muscle memory will keep using the old term), and of course existing FreeNAS installations may continue to be run for quite some time.

Comment

Seeing upstream encryption is really really nice. I've been running a FreeNAS instance with GELI for some years now but always feared I'd one day have to try to mount it on a Linux machine after some failure. Now we should have full interoperability for the disk format, making encrypted devices way more attractive IMO.

Comment

im still waiting for the debian based truenas ....

Comment

Talking about marriage... doesn't the merge between ScummVM and ResidualVM deserve a tiny little article ?

Comment

Working...
              X