Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.9 Set To Bring "Close_Range" System Call - Coordinated With FreeBSD Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I understand it correctly it's the same or similar call as revoke() which I've been asking for for ages and if it's what it is it's really huge.

Comment

Originally posted by gnulinux82

Inb4 you plump up your ego by setting up a straw man and knocking it down.
      do what you must, I have already won

Comment

Inb4 you plump up your ego by setting up a straw man and knocking it down.
        haha, so true.

Comment

People that only read Phoronix and have never written a line of systems code in their life only see in black and white. The idea that performance is all relative to how things are used is an
          tl;dr you're right and kpedersen is yet another fake expert.
          AFAIK kpedersen is teacher in some university, teaching computer science and/or programming. Probably done coding longer than you with your 38-39 years of life (Assuming 82 in your username is showing your year of birth).

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

haha, so true.
            oh look, the kettle showed up.

Comment

Wrong on both counts, Sherlock.

It's pretty hard to believe that guy is a professor too. You sure he's not the janitor?
              professors can be very bad at their jobs too.

Comment

Wrong on both counts, Sherlock.

It's pretty hard to believe that guy is a professor too. You sure he's not the janitor?
                So, you are younger? Because middle-aged folks generally don't get so emotional as to go personal so quick. Unless they suffer some personality disorder.

Make a quick net search, he has used same nick over a decade in various forums. I knew it came up familiar for me. You see he has been involved with C, C#,C++, Ada..
                One post for example https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/w...-2#post-390300

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  If I understand it correctly it's the same or similar call as revoke() which I've been asking for for ages and if it's what it is it's really huge.
                  unsurprisingly, you didn't understand it correctly. it has no similarities with revoke, it's similar to a loop of close calls

Comment

Working...
                  X