X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by angrypie View Post
    aht0 I come here because you're a special little snowflake who is triggered by forum posts over your beloved, good-for-nothing niche OS.
    Again, stop engaging me like the bitch you are and I'll go away.
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    HELP HELP I'm being oppressed!
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Careful, that there are a lot of loud mouth primadonnas in charge of BSDs too
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    that's something that bsd idiots do
    Combining and bookmarking for a future reference of "mature and sober attitude" of "non-niche-OS users"

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    the only os where zfs is native is solaris
    Wrong. It was born in Solaris, it can be native elsewhere as well. https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/filesystems.html
    Since FreeBSD 7.0, the Z File System (ZFS) is also available as a native file system

FreeBSD kernel had lots of changes to accommodate and integrate ZFS.

Leave a comment:

• angrypie
    replied
    aht0 I come here because you're a special little snowflake who is triggered by forum posts over your beloved, good-for-nothing niche OS.

Again, stop engaging me like the bitch you are and I'll go away.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Last I tried DragonflyBSD, it didn't even boot in my old Athlon X2. Haiku is relying on FreeBSD for wifi drivers, probably a stopgap before they're able to do their own thing.
    Of course, relying on BSD for drivers is like asking a beggar for money. Imagine using an OS that doesn't even allow per-core frequency scaling.
    I keep coming here because you keep quoting me with your whining and I keep getting notifications. Stop being so triggered and I won't come back here again.
    That's hilarious example of feminine (il)logic here. Wonder how would I begin to quote you IF it wasnt for you previously posting into particular threads. Chicken-egg problem. I can't quote you before you actually did post anything. So why would you come post here in the first place noob?

"per-core frequency scaling" - can be done, not just the way Linux user would assume. Hint: by combining the use of resource control utilities and jails.. latter's can be played with any which way, including per-cores.

Leave a comment:

• angrypie
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    Indeed? Last I tried Haiku, it didn't even run on my gaming rig. When I tried to run it on my older Haswell, it didn't have even proper web browser. For bunch of drivers it's depending on BSD.
    Last I tried DragonflyBSD, it didn't even boot in my old Athlon X2. Haiku is relying on FreeBSD for wifi drivers, probably a stopgap before they're able to do their own thing.

Of course, relying on BSD for drivers is like asking a beggar for money. Imagine using an OS that doesn't even allow per-core frequency scaling.

Question. If you and pal666 dislike and hate BSD so bad, why you keep coming into BSD-related threads. It's like masochists enjoying self-inflicted pain. Or desperate fanboys trying to prove "their thing" is oh-so-much-superior.
    I keep coming here because you keep quoting me with your whining and I keep getting notifications. Stop being so triggered and I won't come back here again.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    you probably still live in a world without virtual machines
    Can be done elsewhere too. With technically better designed tooling sometimes (OmniOS comes to mind)

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied

All of those were much more successful than any BSD has ever been. And now we have Haiku that, despite being developed under a permissive license similar to BSD, has advanced more in one decade than any of the BSDs did in two or three.
    Indeed? Last I tried Haiku, it didn't even run on my gaming rig. When I tried to run it on my older Haswell, it didn't have even proper web browser. For bunch of drivers it's depending on BSD.

Question. If you and pal666 dislike and hate BSD so bad, why you keep coming into BSD-related threads. It's like masochists enjoying self-inflicted pain. Or desperate fanboys trying to prove "their thing" is oh-so-much-superior.

Leave a comment:

• angrypie
    replied
    Or shall you claim that support for file systems from Amiga, Plan 9, BeOS (among the first 5 in your listing) is really meaningful and important for ANYTHING except bragging rights?
    All of those were much more successful than any BSD has ever been. And now we have Haiku that, despite being developed under a permissive license similar to BSD, has advanced more in one decade than any of the BSDs did in two or three.
    Last edited by angrypie; 24 July 2020, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    you are projecting
    it's a fact. it supports dozens of filesystems not invented in linux, i.e. there's no nih syndrome involved.
    that takes us back to my previous post: code doesn't write itself. if you need your fs to improve, you have to do it
    that's something that bsd idiots do
    because bsd idiots complain instead of writing code. i've already given you irix xfs example.

$ ls /lib/modules/5.7.8-200.fc32.x86_64/kernel/fs/ -1
    9p
    affs
    vboxsf
    xfs
    most common reason for startup failure is "no market need"
    You are projecting. Yeah, I am parroting, for a good reason. binfmt_misc.ko.xz, dlm, fscache, fuse,lockd,nls and pstore there are file systems since when exactly? Did you choose that sort of list - "oh look at that "fs" folder! There are so many!" - knowingly? I could go to full autopsy and also pick out ones which are obsolete and/or legacy file systems next to never used. That'd make whole bunch. Or shall you claim that support for file systems from Amiga, Plan 9, BeOS (among the first 5 in your listing) is really meaningful and important for ANYTHING except bragging rights?

Also seems your social skills are completely undeveloped (personal insults in the post yet again).

These "dozens of file systems" become reduced to having selection between 3-4 different file systems when you have to install actual Linux distro on some PC. Impressive.

Leave a comment:

• kylew77
    replied
    BSD isn't dead, but on life support, since corporations feed on it for their own needs and give fuck all back. "Freedom!," you scream.
    I respectfully disagree. OpenBSD is as innovative as ever and constantly evolving. NetBSD is slow in development because of lack of manpower but is still seeing improvements. FreeBSD has version 12.2 coming out this year with a new major version, version 13.0, coming out next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X