BeOS-Inspired Haiku Working On Supporting Modern CPU Features Like AVX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

From the Ars review, you can't surf the modern internet on Haiku, so I seriously doubt there are many desktop users. You can on BSD.
    I can surf the modern internet just fine on Haiku. The standard browser is pretty good nowadays and QupZilla/Falkon (from the KDE project - yes, Qt works on Haiku) is even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I can surf the modern internet just fine on Haiku. The standard browser is pretty good nowadays and QupZilla/Falkon (from the KDE project - yes, Qt works on Haiku) is even better.
      Can you take a screenshot of it playing youtube videos?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Can you take a screenshot of it playing youtube videos?
        I will, next time I boot up Haiku

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
          At a certain point Haiku will be the only viable alternative to Linux...
          You meant: After systemd has completely "eaten up" Linux, it will become the only viable alternative to BSD's?

Comment

While I don't disagree with your statement, my only point is BSDs are constantly failed to have a proper desktop version while HAIKU is entirely focus on the desktop use.
            Dude/dudette - "proper desktop version" is out-of-scope non-problem for BSD OS'es. Ports are there, install what you like. "You like KDE - then use it and your experience is much the same as in Linux". Same with Mate, XFCE and so forth.

If you need your hands being held: use Mac's. Or Haiku, I suppose. Cannot even understand why you had to drag BSD's into your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Dude/dudette - "proper desktop version" is out-of-scope non-problem for BSD OS'es. Ports are there, install what you like. "You like KDE - then use it and your experience is much the same as in Linux". Same with Mate, XFCE and so forth.

If you need your hands being held: use Mac's. Or Haiku, I suppose. Cannot even understand why you had to drag BSD's into your statement.
              I was replying to another person, in that context my answer makes sense.

Comment

I was replying to another person, in that context my answer makes sense.
                Fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                X