FreeBSD Adopts A New Code of Conduct Based On The LLVM CoC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
    Marxism and postmodernism are fundamentally incompatible, since Marx's philosophy is based on science and postmodernism rejects science.
    They seem pretty compatible to me. Postmodernism rejects and belittles everything, including morality and culture. Marxism makes the economic structure the base and everything else is a superstructure (a derivation of it), including morality and culture. Both are pretty cynical views of humanity. Not judging you if you like them, it's just my opinion.

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
    Now, the new CoC says essentially the same things as the old one, just in a less politically-marked way. It may look less political but, fundamentally, it's still the same. I find it better formulated this way (I do not like activist language) but this does not change the fact that anti-discrimination activists won, and it's great.
    They dropped the language of those activists. Controlling language is crucial for policing people and oppressing them but this new CoC uses neutral language which means activists lost, and it's great.

Comment

I'm glad to see that. Let's hope it's the beginning of a broad movement that will see SJWs and hyperwoke activists chased back inside the departments of Intersectional Gender Studies where they belong, and normal people will be able to work and communicate normally once again.

Comment

Originally posted by gabber View Post

Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
        The "reverse" is a try to get away with discrimination. Glad people spot this. Discrimination is bad, no matter what justification you give.

>sudo apt purge feminism* (no idea what FreeBSD uses)

PS: just had a look into the arch CoC, delicious.

"Correctness
        The Arch Linux community value technical correctness. "

and

"posts pertaining to Religion, Sports, Race, Nationalism and Politics have invariably been closed. Therefore, specifically avoid these and all divisive topics in the Arch community."
        Why Sports? - The classical how to involve in small talk compend states in general : avoid religion, race, politics, sex, finance ...but rather mention weather, sports e.g.....
        Last edited by CochainComplex; 10 June 2020, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Why Sports? - The classical how to involve in small talk compend states in general : avoid religion, race, politics, sex, finance ...but rather mention weather, sports e.g.....
          I guess sport is another topic people might get violent about (their team winning/losing). I rarely see people getting too crazy about the weather though.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchi View Post
            You can install Steam on Freebsd now! Just found this yesterday and been testing it for a bit: Source games work, but VAC servers crash the game. Left 4 Dead 2 single player is fine and you can join non-VAC server in TF2. Some unity games work, but I don't have sound...could be just my machine. Check this out, it's crazy!

The port and package are games/linux-steam-utils

Steam launcher for FreeBSD. Contribute to shkhln/linuxulator-steam-utils development by creating an account on GitHub.

Lots of good info in this forum thread too: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/s...n-redux.72140/

P.S. I had to install webfonts for text to be legible on login
            I don't know what that has to do with the original article, but you made my day anyway!

Comment

Besides this should be considered as social standards. It is sad that some people have to be reminded of them.

Somehow: I dont get the no simulated hugs one...I personally dislike getting hugs (real) by non-close-friend/family individuals. But how is a virtual hug harmful in any way? Or does it imply that the hug sender might get fantasies about touching someone in unappropriate way and this is considered as sexual harassment?
              I don't think that people in general needs to be reminded of anything: Luckily most human being naturally and across the world have roughly similar non written rules about doing what this new list does (same as killing other huumans tends to be considered a bad thing universally, even for opposite cultures).

I never paid much attention to codes of conduct and such, but I assume it is just a rough guideline about how to act in forums, etc, similar to a formatting code for a source code file... I don't know, probably someone else knows more.

In the end of the day, is not going to do anything to change the look and feel for the OS like the old code didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir86 View Post

I don't think that people in general needs to be reminded of anything: Luckily most human being naturally and across the world have roughly similar non written rules about doing what this new list does (same as killing other huumans tends to be considered a bad thing universally, even for opposite cultures).

I never paid much attention to codes of conduct and such, but I assume it is just a rough guideline about how to act in forums, etc, similar to a formatting code for a source code file... I don't know, probably someone else knows more.

In the end of the day, is not going to do anything to change the look and feel for the OS like the old code didn't.
                You had to use pronouns such as xir, xis, ve, ze etc. remember them and If person got mad your patches could be refused from what I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

I guess sport is another topic people might get violent about (their team winning/losing). I rarely see people getting too crazy about the weather though.
                  I must say I hate and get violent with folks who state that they like 25+C and summer, since I am sub-zero kind of guy.

Comment

Coworker 1: Did anyone see the Cowboys game last night?

Coworker 2: Fuck the Cowboys. We watch the Steelers.

Coworker 3: You guys are both out of it. The Cardinals are the best.

Coworkers 1 and 2 then killed Coworker 3. They got sentenced to 12 years in a medium security prison where the guards forced them to watch NASCAR. They committed suicide last Thursday.

And that's why we don't discuss sports.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

I must say I hate and get violent with folks who state that they like 25+C and summer, since I am sub-zero kind of guy.
                      This is where I have to point out that weather is a crappy discussion as well. Ever had a Celsius versus Fahrenheit argument?

Comment

Working...
                      X