Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scellow View Post
    yet again, linux fails to gain momentum
    all that because valve gave up on linux native gaming, and instead is focusing on the failure that is "wine" the windows emulator
    linux is doomed to stay in servers, or as a terminal for programmers only, because the people responsible of its development have NO taste, and they just don't care

valve earlier this week announced end of steam VR for macos, and this chart show that it is the 2nd largest market after windows

either valve is stupid, or they are retarded

anyways, the future of gaming will be iOS/macOS and android, see you there

https://venturebeat.com/wp-content/u...C313&strip=all

and it's just the beginning with 5G and cloud gaming

Desktop gaming will become a niche, and valve should be held responsible

Instead of investing in popularizing Desktop gaming, they waste time and money with linux and VR

All that thanks to stealing 30% of their favorite developer's income

It sure help them stay and invest in desktop gaming

EDIT:

and to the crybabies "i didn't get the survey on my linux pro gaming PC"
    https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market...ktop/worldwide

macOS => rising
    windows => users moving to mobile/android/ios/mac
    linux going extinct
    It seems someone is very upset because Valve dropped VR on MacOS to focus on Windows and Linux
    But their decision is very understandable, as Valve prefers to focus on "open platforms".
    MacOS is more and more closed in Apple's walled garden, I see more and more developers online who are fed up with Apple policy and just prefer to leave the platform.
    On the other side there are rumours of Apple dropping X86 in favour of ARM, which would also complicate the task for Valve to support MacOS.
    And lets be honest, there may be more players on MacOS but how many of them have a machine powerful enough for VR ?
    Once you bought a Mac you have no more money left for a Valve Index
    I also like how you underline that Valve is "stealing" 30% of developer's income while you're praising IOS and Android platforms as the "future", LOL.

Comment

Working...
    X