ReactOS Upgrades Its Build Environment - Shifting To A Much Newer GCC Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    I find this project really fascinating. Albeit not using it. Has someone encountered a situation where wine was not working but ReactOS?
    Yes, I have already found software like that. Caligari TrueSpace runs better in ReactOS than in WINE. Mostly due to the way ReactOS draws/handles windows/OpenGL surfaces. to WINE's credit they have improved the situation, but ReactOS will always be more compatible into the future as they don't have to map things to X11, they just natively implement graphics the Windows way.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

It's not a distribution of Linux if that's what you're implying.
      And no, not really.
      Yes, you're right, I used a wrong term, the habit ...

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post

Yes, I have already found software like that. Caligari TrueSpace runs better in ReactOS than in WINE. Mostly due to the way ReactOS draws/handles windows/OpenGL surfaces. to WINE's credit they have improved the situation, but ReactOS will always be more compatible into the future as they don't have to map things to X11, they just natively implement graphics the Windows way.
        Thank you for that Info. Maybe I should try Labview on it.

Comment

Originally posted by programmerjake View Post

ReactOS also supports building with Visual Studio, which is about as compatible-with-Microsoft as you can get.
          Heh. From things I've heard about it, Microsoft has to use special versions of their own compiler for certain jobs, like building their kernels and boot code. So even Visual Studio and MS CL.exe may not be compatible with Microsoft.

Comment

Working...
          X