Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GhostBSD 20.04 Released With Fixes, Updated Kernel

Phoronix: GhostBSD 20.04 Released With Fixes, Updated Kernel

GhostBSD 20.04 is out as the newest monthly update to this desktop-focused operating system built off the FreeBSD base...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...20.04-Released

GhostBSD 20.04 has added the 4k block size default when creating a ZFS partition with the installer's partition editor
    I am sure this had nothing to do with Ars Technica review

Looks like a fun project, I will probably never use bsd for my main machine but it would be interesting to try it out on a secondary laptop.

Comment

Forget laptop, unless it has compatible WiFi (Intel's AC/N cards or Atheros older N cards generally) .

GhostBSD does offer reFINd boot, throw in extra drive into your main rig and install there. Other OSes won't become unaccessible.

Comment

Interesting that they are using the MATE desktop ported from Linux. IIRC the Lumina project was created to build a desktop more in line with the BSD philosophy.

Comment

The GhostBSD folks are pretty cool, but I won't be trying this update out this time. There's a point where you try to contribute feedback but it's taken as 'noise', and I guess I stumbled over that recently with GhostBSD. Must be too old to know when I'm rambling...

Comment

Working...
          X