No announcement yet.

ReactOS 0.4.13 Released With Fixes For USB Storage, Less Blue Screens of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReactOS 0.4.13 Released With Fixes For USB Storage, Less Blue Screens of Death

Phoronix: ReactOS 0.4.13 Released With Fixes For USB Storage, Less Blue Screens of Death

ReactOS 0.4.13 is out today as the newest feature update to this open-source operating system project continuing to strive for binary software compatibility with Microsoft Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Less blue screen of death
    C'mon, I was hopping for full winblows experience.

Comment

So less blue screens of death eh?! Windows users gonna be BLUE of envy

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
        So less blue screens of death eh?! Windows users gonna be BLUE of envy
        Alas, I believe they are saying less BSOD than the previous release... not less than Windows today. To be honest the last time I tried React they were about as stable as early Win95A/B series. I think the issue is they havent yet implemented all the spyware MS included in Windows 10 that was necessary to improve stability... wait...

Their ambition is very commendable and how far they have come in the last couple of years with such a tiny dev team is amazing!

Comment

Comment

I tried it once or twice in the past but I could never boot it, since it always gave a BSOD.
            I hope the situation is better now.
            Anyone knows if we can install AMD graphics drivers and games on it ?

Comment

Whoever bankrolls this thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                I tried it once or twice in the past but I could never boot it, since it always gave a BSOD.
                I hope the situation is better now.
                I was always able to get it to boot up and run.
                Unfortunately it would always fail to actually do anything beyond that.

Comment

they remove it? cause their home page says 0.4.12

Comment

I see ROS stability goes into new levels.
                    After Btrfs installation, i can't make it to boot with any QEMU VGA nor VirtualBox. https://i.imgur.com/PREys4p.png
                    After Fat32 installation it shows another BSOD: https://i.imgur.com/7oSTsYC.png
                    Last edited by StarterX4; 09 April 2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X