WSL2 Reaching General Availability In Windows 10 v2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archkde View Post

How are you running those windows apps (Microsoft store and the thing in the bottom-left)?
    It's a headless/invisible VM running in the background and I made a script that allows me to launch the apps in their own Windows on the Linux desktop via shortcut desktop launchers. It's useful if I want to run any apps that don't work in Wine, such as UWP and Store apps.

Comment

Originally posted by ravyne View Post
      Plus, a lot of businesses run on Windows, and Some devs in those environments
      so why those devs can't connect to office365 from linux?

Comment

so does it run flatpaks? if yes, only one package can be provided for linux and windows users of an app.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post
          Why it isn't vice versa? Linux would be primary/host OS, and windows would start as secured/sandboxed guest... For average professional user,... There's literally less than ten applications, which work only on windows, and are required (or are heavily better than alternatives) for work... So, why compromise Linux's security by running it within windows,...?
          Those "less than ten" include the most commonly used, ie. the Microsoft Office suite (primarily Excel, Word, and Powerpoint). But that's beside the point. WSL is for developers who run Windows but need to use tools that don't work well or at all on Windows. If you are not in this demographic then WSL is not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

It's a headless/invisible VM running in the background and I made a script that allows me to launch the apps in their own Windows on the Linux desktop via shortcut desktop launchers. It's useful if I want to run any apps that don't work in Wine, such as UWP and Store apps.
            How do you bring the window to the Linux desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

I'm interested in the script you use.

Comment

Working...
              X