Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD To Sponsor Work For 802.11ac Support

Phoronix: FreeBSD To Sponsor Work For 802.11ac Support

While Windows and Linux have seen good 802.11ac "WiFi 5" support and these days are focused on 802.11ax "WiFi 6" with the latest wireless chipsets, FreeBSD is still tackling 802.11ac. But the FreeBSD Foundation is prepared to soon begin sponsoring development work on ironing out their 802.11ac support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is excellent :-)

I'm in no hurry to replace my gen1 X1 carbon, but it's nice to know that if/when the time comes I'll have hardware support for something relatively newer.

Comment

Doesn't Play Station 4 have 802.11ac wireless chip? Sony should donate some code to BSD's.

Comment

Surprised PFSense didn't try to get this going sooner.. maybe they just dropped wifi support all together but it is kind of a nice thing to have.. even if it's not a priority for FreeBSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
          Doesn't Play Station 4 have 802.11ac wireless chip? Sony should donate some code to BSD's.
          Why should it? Free license, not "you better gimme or else.." blackmailing..

Comment

Working...
          X