Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeNAS 11.3 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

Phoronix: FreeNAS 11.3 Released With A Plethoa Of Improvements

The folks at iXsystems have released FreeNAS 11.3, their latest big update to this FreeBSD-based operating system designed around the OpenZFS file-system for offering advanced network-attached storage capabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, I told you before posting... :<
    There's a typo in the title. Plethoa...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Intentional. He was testing you.

Comment

Still wish there is a Consumer Ready made NAS solution built on top of ZFS.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Before posting? How could you?

Comment

Originally posted by ksec View Post
            Isn't this basically consumer ready? Or do you mean some vendor selling boxes with FreeNAS (using ZFS) pre-installed and ready to go?

Comment

not that I'm aware of, but there are some based on btrfs!

The next-generation file system Btrfs ensures a high level of data integrity while taking advantage of flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools. Btrfs is available on selected Synology NAS models.

NOTE: not intended for start the n-th fight btrfs vs ZFS

Comment

They sell Freenas devices, they are very expensive though: https://www.freenas.org/freenas-mini/

Comment

There is no way in hell that you can have decent performance on an embedded NAS with ZFS. (decent= the same as mdadm raid or single disk with ext4), and most people that just need a NAS are fine with a normal embedded NAS without ZFS.

Once you go past the 350$ pricepoint it's better to just buy a turnkey NAS-like system like HP Microserver product line and installing FreeNAS on it. https://buy.hpe.com/us/en/servers/pr...0/p/1009955118

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

not that I'm aware of, but there are some based on btrfs!

The next-generation file system Btrfs ensures a high level of data integrity while taking advantage of flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools. Btrfs is available on selected Synology NAS models.
                    Check the supported products. It's all high-midrange NAS, or true businness-grade racks, both with Intel CPUs. Prices don't go below 500-600$ and can go up in the multiple thousands.

Comment

Working...
                    X