Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
    How about a kernel written in Rust? That should be safe ... right? /sarcasm
    Such project already exists and seems to be usable to some degree: https://www.redox-os.org/

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      That's better, although I still find the name to be too pompous.
      How's it better? Simply because it's used within the F22 raptor? I don't think it'd be any safer than existing kernels if it were exposed to the scrutiny of a wider set of people (audience).

This does seem to be an interesting project, however. Reminds me of this talk at linuxconfau

Comment

Originally posted by azdaha View Post
        How's it better? Simply because it's used within the F22 raptor?
        being used in successful projects does give it more credibility than being used in dumpster fire projects like the F35 Lightning

I don't think it'd be any safer than existing kernels if it were exposed to the scrutiny of a wider set of people (audience).
        Wider audience is mostly irrelevant, to be used in certain applications where safety matters, they had to submit their code to be reviewed, tested and audited by safety certification firms.

The people actually able to audit such types of code are few and far in between.
        Last edited by starshipeleven; 23 January 2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          being used in successful projects does give it more credibility than being used in dumpster fire projects like the F35 Lightning

Wider audience is mostly irrelevant, to be used in certain applications where safety matters, they had to submit their code to be reviewed, tested and audited by safety certification firms.

The people actually able to audit such types of code are few and far in between.
          True enough.

I appreciate the comments. Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X