GhostBSD Reaffirms To Being TrueOS+BSD Desktop OS With Official MATE Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    You DON'T HAVE TO pressure or demand. It's in fact cheaper for commercial user to back-contribute significant changes to BSD sources, since it would shift maintenance load from that particular company's devs to BSD devs. Or that company would face patching the fuck out of each release (and figuring out what has changed if patching doesnt work out) with their own modifications. Having contributions committed back, BSD devs have to ensure changes would keep working from release to release.
    That also sounds like an assessment of Ubuntu...

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

That also sounds like an assessment of Ubuntu...
      Effectively, there's little enough difference, yes. Excepting the viral properties of GPL.

It's a reason Netflix and other commercial big users have fed back contributions. It's not that different from Linux that regard. Big users contribute back more likely, smaller users will be just that, users mostly. Some of those big users even overlap (Intel for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
        They remove drivers that call into that loadable proprietary firmware, they aren't removing things from the kernel that are actually proprietary.
        To reduce the confusion (in Volta's) mind, I am leveling the playing field and take it to absolute terms. Ergo, no 'if's or 'but's'. Binary blob is a binary blob is a binary blob. Those blobs could be and more often than not, are 'covering up' proprietary aspects of particular device, so it's even fair.

What are you talking about? I'm not railing against anything, I'm pointing out something that I think you are confused about.
        Volta is, I'm mostly been busy dissecting his FUD, don't take it personally.

I never claimed these devices don't frequently have proprietary drivers.
        You're just making things up, I don't hate any of the BSDs and I actually use them.
        Again, level playing field. Since the discussion involves more than 1 oponent, take it easily, I am not going to do a retro-active check on who has claimed what, I have better things to do with my time. I am just generalizing my responses towards to most abusive oponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
          When comes to psychology it was shown in another thread you have mental problems. Furthermore, you're a hypocrite - above pal (aht0) was defending Code of Conduct while he doesn't give a shit about being polite.
          Since my work involves firearms, I am being checked for mental issues on a regular basis. Are you?

OpenBSD didn't even have multithreading, so your analogy is dumb as usual.
          Shows how little you know about BSD's. Read some "I hate BSD blog" and parrot it here..

What about FreeBSD? It allows to run nvidia blobs just fine, but I know.. you're a hypocrite.
          So does Linux. But with Linux it's "okey"? Tell about a 'hypocrite'
          Before you bring out blob-free Nouveau.. It's junk use-wise and NetBSD supports Nouveau as well.

..Code of Conduct while he doesn't give a shit about being polite.

It seems you like being whore and there's nothing religious about it. If someone writes code he should be rewarded. GPL rewards him while BSD treats him like some trash.
          Demand politeness and then point out I am a whore in a single breath. That's a definite skill there.

Comment

Working...
          X