Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node.js Brought To BeOS-Inspired Haiku Open-Source OS

Phoronix: Node.js Brought To BeOS-Inspired Haiku Open-Source OS

Haiku as the open-source operating system that still maintains BeOS compatibility continues tacking on modern features and support for software well past the days of BeOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is good news. Getting v8 working on Haiku could lead to it getting a usable web browser.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
      This is good news. Getting v8 working on Haiku could lead to it getting a usable web browser.
      So Falkon/QupZilla isn't usable? If so, then why does the KDE Team even bother making it the default browser an KDE? I've used Falkon/QupZilla on Haiku and it's pretty damn usable for me, esp. with extensions and user scripts enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So Falkon/QupZilla isn't usable? If so, then why does the KDE Team even bother making it the default browser an KDE? I've used Falkon/QupZilla on Haiku and it's pretty damn usable for me, esp. with extensions and user scripts enabled.
        The last time I messed around with web browsers, only one of them was near usability, but it used a quite outdated build of webkit.

If it doesn't run Chromium, it's not suitable for web development, and that comes from someone that uses Firefox as a main web browser. Unfortunately, it leads in almost every way, especially when it comes to development experience. Irrelevant webkit browsers are just irrelevant. Nobody targets thes, and their feature set. If you go to a website and it works, it's either old, or it's a coincidence it matches what the browser supports. These days it's just Chromium, and Firefox as the other browser you're supposed to get working.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

The last time I messed around with web browsers, only one of them was near usability, but it used a quite outdated build of webkit.

If it doesn't run Chromium, it's not suitable for web development, and that comes from someone that uses Firefox as a main web browser. Unfortunately, it leads in almost every way, especially when it comes to development experience. Irrelevant webkit browsers are just irrelevant. Nobody targets thes, and their feature set. If you go to a website and it works, it's either old, or it's a coincidence it matches what the browser supports. These days it's just Chromium, and Firefox as the other browser you're supposed to get working.
          Falkon/QupZilla is based on QtWebEngine, so it's based on Chromium, but it doesn't support Chrome extensions yet.

Comment

So it's like we're back to the bad old days with NS and MSIE?

Comment

Working...
            X