Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DragonFlyBSD Replacing Their 48-Core Opteron Infrastructure With Ryzen 9 3900X CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryao
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    A Threadripper 2990wx would rip the 3900X and the upcoming 3950X apart.
    The upcoming 3990wx would run circles around a 2990wx. It would be better to get benchmarks of software compilation, but the 3900x is not doing that badly against the 2990wx in the multithreaded benchmarks here:

https://techgage.com/article/amd-ryz...performance/3/

Given that Matthew wants to reduce power consumption while increasing performance, the 3900X is not a bad choice.
    Last edited by ryao; 25 July 2019, 12:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryao
    replied
    Matthew Dillon is not the only developer considering a switch to Ryzen. I am thinking of replacing my Intel Xeons with a Ryzen 3000 system. My equipment is more modest than his. I have a single socket Xeon E5-2687W v2 and a Xeon E3-1276 v3. At this point, it is mostly a matter of me making time to go to the local store to get the motherboard and CPU. Also, I intend to use ECC RAM with it too.
    Last edited by ryao; 25 July 2019, 12:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    A Threadripper 2990wx would rip the 3900X and the upcoming 3950X apart.

Leave a comment:

• DragonFlyBSD Replacing Their 48-Core Opteron Infrastructure With Ryzen 9 3900X CPUs

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD Replacing Their 48-Core Opteron Infrastructure With Ryzen 9 3900X CPUs

DragonFlyBSD is replacing their 48-core Opteron server named "Monster" with two of the new AMD Ryzen 9 3900X "Zen 2" processors as well as a spare Xeon server. DragonFlyBSD lead developer Matthew Dillon continues to be mighty impressed by AMD's latest processor offerings...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X