Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genode's Sculpt OS 19.07 Brings Performance Improvements

Phoronix: Genode's Sculpt OS 19.07 Brings Performance Improvements

Genode continues advancing as an open-source operating system framework and with that their effort to develop Sculpt OS as a general purpose operating system has continued in-step. Out now is Sculpt OS 19.07 as their latest operating system release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

anyone ever tried that? Benchmarked?

Comment

I wonder how good their copy-and-paste support works.
      On Wayland it works really bad, it only works when the source application is still open when you paste. If you copy something, then close the application, then you cannot paste it. You lose the clipboard buffer when closing the source application.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I wonder how good their copy-and-paste support works.
        On Wayland it works really bad, it only works when the source application is still open when you paste. If you copy something, then close the application, then you cannot paste it. You lose the clipboard buffer when closing the source application.
        I think that's a bug 'cause I've had that happen on X11 countless times over the years (and also a couple of times on Android).

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
          anyone ever tried that? Benchmarked?
          Distrowatch doesn't do benchmarks, but Jesse Smith tried to review Sculpt OS for them this past January. It did not go well. Many programs that were necessary to do basic functions like web browsing were listed as available but then could not be found for installation by the package manager. He gave up and declared it an unusable mess.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            If you copy something, then close the application, then you cannot paste it. You lose the clipboard buffer when closing the source application.
            That is really stupid. Too much security and isolation now causes problems for simple things like copy-pasting.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That is really stupid. Too much security and isolation now causes problems for simple things like copy-pasting.
              afaik this isn't an issue on KDE, there is a clipboard helper in the tray that does this work of keeping the clipboard contents if you close stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X