Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stingray454
    replied
    This is probably my favourite project out there - I'm checking their Git for updates weekly. Progress is indeed slow, but it's always fun to read about new additions and solved bugs. I know it's a long way off, but if this project will one day be able to handle GUI applications it can mean a LOT for the Linux community. They seem to be suffering from a lack of developers, I hope any developer reading this considers helping out. I would if I had any clue about C / C++ / Swift and the like :P.

Leave a comment:

• JacekJagosz
    replied
    This could be huge, if it could do the same to users who need that one app that is only on MAC as Proton does to people who want to game. But we are a very long way from here, especially with video acceleration.

Leave a comment:

• oliver+
    replied
    My personal favorite would be iTunes support. iTunes (for iPhone backups) is one of the few reasons i keep a Windows partition.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    Its a long way off but im interested in one day running Photoshop mac version on Linux and if it could run more stable and smoother than WINE.

Then there are other profesdional tools many will be interested in im sure.

IMO the biggest design benefit I wish WINE would copy from Darling is their OverlayFS to minimize duplicate files

Leave a comment:

• Darling Still Has A Goal Of Running macOS Apps On Linux

Phoronix: Darling Still Has A Goal Of Running macOS Apps On Linux

Darling is the open-source project we first covered back in 2012 that aimed to be able to run macOS software (binaries) on Linux. It's what Wine is to running Windows programs on Linux but rather to be able to handle Apple/Mac software. While we haven't heard much from the project recently, they still are pursuing their goal...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X