ReactOS 0.4.11 "Open-Source Windows" Available With Big Kernel Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReactOS 0.4.11 "Open-Source Windows" Available With Big Kernel Improvements

Phoronix: ReactOS 0.4.11 "Open-Source Windows" Available With Big Kernel Improvements

ReactOS 0.4.11 is now available as the newest version of this open-source operating system re-implementing the Windows APIs with a focus on binary driver/application compatibility. With this being the first release since November's ReactOS 0.4.10, there are a fair amount of changes to find in this new build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That looks like Windows 95... plus no font anti-aliasing in 2019...

(Yes, I know they don't have the time for a new theme)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      That looks like Windows 95...
      That's how I want Windows to look like. No fancy schmancy crap of design. Simple lean and functional. Getting things done.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        That looks like Windows 95... plus no font anti-aliasing in 2019...

(Yes, I know they don't have the time for a new theme)
        They have a blackish Windows XP ish theme.

Comment

I like the potential for ReactOS, I've been dabbling with Win95/98 recently and found some memory wrappers that allow old dos games to run in Windows 98se. Should be possible to do similar memory wrapping in ReactOS giving us an NT that's more compatible with DOS apps than XP/7/10 is. DOSBOX is not a good solution for a lot of use cases due to poor performance.

Comment

can it boot from USB yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post

That's how I want Windows to look like. No fancy schmancy crap of design. Simple lean and functional. Getting things done.
              So, flat design (often employed) is "fancy"? To be honest bezels look " fancier" than flat design...

Comment

Whats it useful for in the real world?

Comment

It mostly looks like win2000...

Comment

Originally posted by _r00t- View Post
                    It mostly looks like win2000...
                    I assume that, you agree, that the Objective they are following is been accomplished right?

Comment

Working...
                    X