18.12 GhostBSD vs 18.12 Project Trident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18.12 GhostBSD vs 18.12 Project Trident

I'm not much of a computer geek, but I am playing with the new releases of GhostBSD and Trident/TrueOS. Both are just running on USB drives right now, but I want to install one on my 10 year old Acer laptop. I'll say that GhostBSD seems a little faster, slicker, and more polished from my initial impression. The problem..... when I log into my WiFi, it connects, but Firefox doesn't work. It acts like I do not have an internet connection. Trident works just fine. Now to clarify...... Trident was actually installed on the USB. I installed from a USB drive, to another USB drive. GhostBSD is just running live off of it. .....if that makes sense.

Any thoughts on one versus the other? .....and any ideas why my internet on GhostBSD wouldn't work? Thanks!

Kind of hard to guess, without crystal ball, or preferably, ifconfig output for starters. Could be anything.

I use neither, stock FreeBSD 12 is sufficient to build on.

Comment

Btw, if anyone wants to prank Windows users, burn TrueOS or GhostBSD images on a USB stick, give it to someone with a Windows machine.. upon insertion, Windows would instantly try to detect new USB device and then just BSOD

Reason: both images are written using GPT but Windows (7 for sure, earlier 10 as well, haven't tried messing with later versions) cannot handle GPT drive lacking the secondary GPT header in the end of the drive space.
      Last edited by aht0; 26 January 2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I'm alsto interested on the subject..

Comment

Working...
        X