• Show
Clear All

• some_canuck
    replied
    20 disks in a single vdev is suboptimal

Leave a comment:

• EarthMind
    replied
    BTRFS better than EXT4 for database benchmarks? That's new!

Leave a comment:

• hiryu
    replied
    Some of those BTRFS results are hilariously bad! Looks like there's some real room for optimization there. ZFS is still slower with single disk though.

Next time someone asks why the hell I'm running BTRFS on top of hardware raid... I'll point them to these benchmarks.

Note: I mostly use BTRFS myself, but I do have a few FreeBSD systems on ZFS, and I'm quite happy with both.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    I know you were going with the default options for fairness sake, but those really screw ZFS on database benchmarks.

I'd personally be happy with the current 0.7.12 stable or 0.8.0rc2\master for ZoL tests. My root drive has been on 0.8 since rc1 and is currently up-to-date with their git master.

Does FreeBSD use ashift=8 or ashift=12 by default? If it's ashift=8, that could explain the 4K write test results.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    ZFS Linux benchmarks will come when the upcoming ZOL 0.8 release is available.
    This is probably going to take MONTHS: just test 0.7.12.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic FreeBSD ZFS vs. Linux EXT4/Btrfs RAID With Twenty SSDs

FreeBSD ZFS vs. Linux EXT4/Btrfs RAID With Twenty SSDs

Phoronix: FreeBSD ZFS vs. Linux EXT4/Btrfs RAID With Twenty SSDs

With FreeBSD 12.0 running great on the Dell PowerEdge R7425 server with dual AMD EPYC 7601 processors, I couldn't resist using the twenty Samsung SSDs in that 2U server for running some fresh FreeBSD ZFS RAID benchmarks as well as some reference figures from Ubuntu Linux with the native Btrfs RAID capabilities and then using EXT4 atop MD-RAID.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X