No announcement yet.

FreeBSD 12.0 Now Available In Beta Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for attempting to dox me. That is exactly the kind of behaviour a CoC begets. I do actually run a freenas box FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
      Thanks for attempting to dox me. That is exactly the kind of behaviour a CoC begets. I do actually run a freenas box FYI.
      Ehm, and you actually do think that FreeNAS=FreeBSD and is also being covered by it's CoC?

I actually looked up the meaning of "dox".
      search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent
      FYI, FreeNAS is a software product built by iXSystems using FreeBSD source but it's not itself said operating system but FreeBSD's derivate and AFAIK is also not being covered by any kind of CoC.

So, question still remains, why are you whining in FreeBSD's topic? Malicious intent?

And such whiners are reason why I often tend to take a glimpse on poster's posting history in this particular sub forum - to get an idea if they are just bigots or just plain ignorant. This information is, afterall, just one click away on user's profile. Does not take any searching nor there's anything "private". dox lol..
      Last edited by aht0; 21 October 2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
        FYI, FreeNAS is a software product built by iXSystems using FreeBSD source but it's not itself said operating system but FreeBSD's derivate and AFAIK is also not being covered by any kind of CoC.
        That's why the expected decline in FreeBSD quality may be a problem for FreeNAS. That expected decline is based on experience. I'm not sure if you've ever been involved in projects where politics and personalities became more important than tehcnical matters (common in regular/proprietary companies), there is very definitely a decline in quality of technical decisions. If you want to argue about my posting history rather than actual points, I won't bother any further.

Comment

I'm not sure FreeBSD is the right choice for the future of such a distro after the past few months though.
          Huh? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

Huh? What happened?
            Google can't seem to find the phoronix articles, so https://m.slashdot.org/story/337486/outstanding

Comment

That's why the expected decline in FreeBSD quality may be a problem for FreeNAS. That expected decline is based on experience.
              "experience" of whom?

I'm not sure if you've ever been involved in projects where politics and personalities became more important than tehcnical matters (common in regular/proprietary companies), there is very definitely a decline in quality of technical decisions. If you want to argue about my posting history rather than actual points, I won't bother any further.
              Rather naive mentality. Military has accumulated multiple millennia's worth of expertise. If you ever happen to be drafted - you shall see that "getting along" within unit is as important to finishing some joint task/mission as is the actual technical expertise of particular individual. You can deduce my approximate leanings, attitudes and "involvement" from this bit of information.

Having hyper-smart primadonnas throwing constant temper tantrums and insulting random people at least once a day to get their mental kicks, is beneficial to the projects? Or what are you claiming?

Comment

I'm not sure FreeBSD is the right choice for the future of such a distro after the past few months though.
                FreeBSD does not have distros, because it is complete operating system. It has derivates - modifications of this operating system. Basic ABC.

Comment

aht0, He's just a mindless Linux loving troll that hates that FreeBSD is killing his desktop focused OS in the data center. As far as the CoC is concerned.. virtual ass slaps to all the FreeBSD devs for this release.. it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
                    aht0, He's just a mindless Linux loving troll that hates that FreeBSD is killing his desktop focused OS in the data center. As far as the CoC is concerned.. virtual ass slaps to all the FreeBSD devs for this release.. it looks great.
                    I think it's also CoC annoying them to no end. As of "taking away my liberty to be an ass.." Lot's and lot's of grumbling "technical experience should be more important than social behaviour".. One of the threads about Linux CoC spans like 10 pages worth of whining.

Comment

Working...
                    X