Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macOS Mojave Released With Dark Mode, Redesigned App Store

Phoronix: macOS Mojave Released With Dark Mode, Redesigned App Store

On the server front next month Linux gets to go up against Windows Server 2019 while released today by Apple was macOS Mojave...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo in the article name:
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=macOS-Mojava-Released

The desert as default background will make so much sense in a couple of years, since almost everyone is likely to leave the Apple userbase soon, thanks to their massive vendor lock-ins and the like...
    Last edited by tildearrow; 24 September 2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      The desert as default background will make so much sense in a couple of years.
      Heh, agreed.

And have we ever tried walking in the desert? It is a pain in the ass to do.

Just like macOS is a pain in the ass to use.

Comment

From time to time I try to use dark themes, but always turn back because they forgot to tell the Web about it. Phoronix website, like 99.9% of other sites, is mostly white. When you spend a couple minutes using a dark theme on your GUI and you open a browser, websites with white backgrounds will slap your eyes and make you regret really fast.

Comment

Mojave now ships with something much like Vista's UAC.... enjoy!!

Last edited by cjcox; 24 September 2018, 02:14 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow

They say macOS is "easy" to use. (maybe hard to develop for though)
            As someone who just converted to MacOS after being on Linux since 1998, I can tell you that it is most certainly *not* easy to use.

Comment

Cool, I wish the dark mode would be implemented on linux also

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
                Mojave now ships with something much like Vista's UAC.... enjoy!!

https://www.felix-schwarz.org/blog/2...n-macos-mojave
                There are browser plugins that make the webpages to have dark backgrounds and light text. One such plugin is...Dark Background for Firefox

I use it and it's mostly OK

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Typo in the article name:
                  http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=macOS-Mojava-Released

The desert as default background will make so much sense in a couple of years, since almost everyone is likely to leave the Apple userbase soon, thanks to their massive vendor lock-ins and the like...
                  That was what we said about Windows 10, yet...
                  Apple is not really declining, in fact it has never been so rich (in terms of money, not metaphorically).

But hey, macOS is visually very cool, I'll give them that. Amazing way to cover how rotten it is.

Comment

From time to time I need to help my girlfriend with the macOS on her machine, and I always get the impression that it is so heavily designed that it gets difficult to use. Lots of fancy animations, pop-ups, security warnings and notifications, menus not being self-explanatory and so on. (Which gives me the impression that Apple's design changes are often rather plain marketing than actual making the OS easier to use.)
                    Last edited by sverris; 24 September 2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X