No announcement yet.

macOS 10.13 vs. Windows 10 vs. Clear/Fedora/openSUSE/Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macOS 10.13 vs. Windows 10 vs. Clear/Fedora/openSUSE/Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: macOS 10.13 vs. Windows 10 vs. Clear/Fedora/openSUSE/Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

When running tests this week on a MacBook Pro for the Dota 2 Vulkan/OpenGL cross-OS performance I also took the opportunity as part of the fun benchmarking week for celebrating the Phoronix 14th birthday by running a broader set of system benchmarks across the latest macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Pro, and various Linux distributions. Here are those CPU/system performance benchmark results.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=26409

That color for the macOS bar... At least the text should be black.

Also I don't like how the real Ubuntu 18.04 is slower than its WSL version. It will give Windows users a false impression of how the OS really performs... no X264
    Last edited by tildearrow; 06-06-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Clear linux again leading the way. Is this distro completly open source? I hope they will also work on optimising ryzen cpu ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Jahimself View Post
        Clear linux again leading the way. Is this distro completly open source? I hope they will also work on optimising ryzen cpu ^^
        It is open-source on GitHub.... If you search on Phoronix.com, you can find Clear Linux benchmarks already on Ryzen CPUs...
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Fedora is really fast too..

Comment

The GraphicsMagick performance was the slowest on macOS due to their default Xcode compiler stack relying upon LLVM/Clang that supports OpenMP these days but still isn't as well tuned as OpenMP on GCC.
            Not sure if that is actually true. Last year, I switched to vanilla LLVM since Apple's fork had OpenMP disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahimself View Post
              This distribution is directly from Intel.... quess what they will not do...

Comment

I'm really impressed by fedoras performance. Given that it uses selinux, I remember it to be slower than ubuntu. It's my prefered desktop system for a couple of years now and it's getting better and better

Comment

I'm not a big fan of benchmarks, they often offer a distorted view of the reality that the user then finds. However I am always curious ... and I am quite satisfied with the decent behavior of Tumbleweed in the benchmarks.

Comment

Why is Ubuntu so slow? Userland? Kernel config? Or what?

Comment

Working...
                    X