No announcement yet.

LibreOffice Now Available On Haiku OS, Mesa 18.1 With Vulkan Being Worked On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Now Available On Haiku OS, Mesa 18.1 With Vulkan Being Worked On

Phoronix: LibreOffice Now Available On Haiku OS, Mesa 18.1 With Vulkan Being Worked On

A Phoronix reader has written in with some exciting updates for the open-source Haiku operating system, the project continuing where BeOS left off...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow!

Great work Haiku team, especially the Haiku LO porters!

That is cool AF! It's time for me to re-install Haiku and give it another go as not having an office suite was one of the final things previously missing for me.

Comment

Getting mesa doesn't mean there's hardware acceleration, does it?

Comment

Mesa 18 and Libreoffice 6... Very impressive.
        It looks like it could be closer to an actual OS alternative than Reactos.
        Ill try it in VM.
        Last edited by pracedru; 06 June 2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Michael, if you rewrite Phoronix Test Suite in Qt, then it's very easy to get it running on Haiku as Qt is available (albeit unofficially) for Haiku. Of course you could also make it native, which is even better, but Qt will save you a lot of hassle, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            Michael, if you rewrite Phoronix Test Suite in Qt, then it's very easy to get it running on Haiku as Qt is available (albeit unofficially) for Haiku. Of course you could also make it native, which is even better, but Qt will save you a lot of hassle, of course.
            PTS would never be rewritten in Qt for a multitude of reasons.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

PTS would never be rewritten in Qt for a multitude of reasons.
              Too bad, 'cause even though I'm not always a fan of Qt, truth is that it's available just about everywhere so it'd be easy to port PTS to smaller OS's like Haiku and AmigaOS 4.x, on which Qt is available (albeit unofficially).

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Too bad, 'cause even though I'm not always a fan of Qt, truth is that it's available just about everywhere so it'd be easy to port PTS to smaller OS's like Haiku and AmigaOS 4.x, on which Qt is available (albeit unofficially).
                That was one of the major reasons why I wrote PTS in PHP in the first place... PHP (at least when the LAMP stack was so popular) gets ported to pretty much every platform.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

That was one of the major reasons why I wrote PTS in PHP in the first place... PHP (at least when the LAMP stack was so popular) gets ported to pretty much every platform.
                  Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation and for replying so quickly!

Comment

The funny thing is that in the future, all OSes will simply be a blend.

Comment

Working...
                    X