Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15-Way Linux Distribution / Operating System Comparison, Including Windows 10 & WSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by gilboa View Post
    Q: Why Fedora workstation and not Fedora server? In my experience the different base package set makes a measurable difference.

- Gilboa
    Because the other distros were tested with their desktop state too. This was testing on a Core i9, not a Xeon or EPYC.

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Q: Why Fedora workstation and not Fedora server? In my experience the different base package set makes a measurable difference.

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    I believe that a comparison without an opinion is somehow incomplete, probably running a test with so many OSs it is hard by itself but I read just a synthetic report.

In base a this comparison I can say that overall the best distro is Debian because, despite it doesn't receive any tuning like the others distros do, it won in some tests and it had a very good average; and it has a lot of room for tuning and making it the faster...
    Last edited by Danielsan; 31 May 2018, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The updated Solus 3 Linux distribution ahead of Solus 4 provides the Linux 4.1 kernel, Mesa 18.1.0, and GCC 7.3.0 compiler atop EXT4.
    (are you sure it's 4.1?)

with this Intel NVme SSD device
    (NVMe)

With FFMpeg video
    (FFmpeg)

Leave a comment:

• 15-Way Linux Distribution / Operating System Comparison, Including Windows 10 & WSL

Phoronix: 15-Way Linux Distribution / Operating System Comparison, Including Windows 10 & WSL

As part of the large Linux performance tests we have begun and continuing through June with Phoronix celebrating its 14th birthday next week along with the 10th anniversary of the Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 release, for your viewing pleasure today is a 15-way Linux distribution / operating system comparison testing not only the leading and latest Linux distributions but also Windows 10 April 2018 Update and Linux on Windows WSL.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X