Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReactOS 0.4.9 Working On Shell Improvements. Kernel Fixes

Phoronix: ReactOS 0.4.9 Working On Shell Improvements. Kernel Fixes

While ReactOS 0.4.8 came out just a month ago, ReactOS 0.4.9 is approaching and currently at the release candidate phase...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For now im care mainly about Intel USB3 driver, which were in development, it not news for years, it should be also useful for Windows Xp.

Comment

I remember like 13 years ago when I first discovered this project, it was exciting, but after so many years linux and everything has moved so much...

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
        [...] but after so many years linux and everything has moved so much...
        Once flatpaks becomes mainstream on Linux, you'd be thankful having an opportunity like ReactOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post

Once flatpaks becomes mainstream on Linux, you'd be thankful having an opportunity like ReactOS.
          It is unlikely that any packaging format will ever become mainstream on Linux... having a package format yes but having a defacto standard is unlikely. Then again LP has successfully crammed several of his crapbrained ideas down most Linux users throats in the past.
          Last edited by cb88; 28 May 2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
            I remember like 13 years ago when I first discovered this project, it was exciting, but after so many years linux and everything has moved so much...
            +1

I have the same thoughts.

Comment

What is LP, Linkin Park

Comment

Originally posted by edmon View Post
                What is LP, Linkin Park
                I wish. In the operating system fsckup game, the current score is:

Linkin Park: 0
                Lennart Poettering: 1

So by these stats, I would rather an OS lead by Linkin Park

Comment

The sad truth is that ReactOS should have been more relevant than ever. With the privacy fiasco that Win10 is , there really is a need for an alternative Windows out there. Some companies (the one I work for included) still have a bias towards Windows in general, because the management guys lacks properly technical understanding and believe the fud that Windows is a "professional" operating system. Well it is not, it is a non-flexible mess with artificial restrictions that has now turned into a gossiping privacy disaster. ReactOS could have been a viable alternative to Windows with the crap removed. Wish ReactOS the best of luck!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Wtf are all you trolling about systemd and flatpacks here. Go back to FreeBSD forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X