Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DragonFlyBSD Implements Part Of Linux's IRQ Subsystem, Improves DRM Driver Portability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD Implements Part Of Linux's IRQ Subsystem, Improves DRM Driver Portability

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD Implements Part Of Linux's IRQ Subsystem, Improves DRM Driver Portability

DragonFlyBSD has implemented a portion of the Linux IRQ subsystem within its kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...gonFly-IRQ-DRM

This is looking more and more interesting...

Comment

What about drm-next-kmod port from FreeBSD?

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
        This is looking more and more interesting...
        Yes it is.

Comment

Welcome to LinuxBSD

Times have changed: From UNIX-compatible to Linux-compatible.

Would be easier to port the interesting parts of BSD into Linux instead the other way around? BSD front always lags behind Linux in terms of hardware support.

Comment

Linux is the new comer. Strictly speaking it's "just a kernel", however, in general it's thought of as a full OS when combined with GNU Tools and a bunch of other things. What I personally believe is that there should be proper implementation of BSD and its parts because Linux seems kinda incomplete without BSD (yes, I said it).
            Last edited by tildearrow; 09-05-2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Have always been a fan of Linux, Kali, in particular. The shell scripting is so good in Linux. Unlike those stupid Windows bros that get everything served to them on the platter, lol. Anyway, I am here just to spam in the first post, and somehow Michael let me do so.
              Last edited by tildearrow; 09-05-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

It's been syncing code also from OpenBSD and FreeBSD. Actually, I can see only few recent Linux-related commits. Most of the work seems to be going around LibreSSL and crypto atm (something like 60 related commits yesterday)

Comment

Originally posted by Cartoon HD View Post
                  Linux is the new comer. Strictly speaking it's "just a kernel", however, in general it's thought of as a full OS when combined with GNU Tools and a bunch of other things. What I personally believe is that there should be proper implementation of BSD and its parts because Linux seems kinda incomplete without BSD (yes, I said it).
                  What GNU Tools with systemd replacing gradually everything?

Comment

This thread seems to attract spammers. How come?

Comment

Working...
                    X