Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Confirms RHEL 8 Will Drop Python 2

Phoronix: Red Hat Confirms RHEL 8 Will Drop Python 2

While it could have been pretty much assumed up until now that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 would ship without Python 2 considering that next enterprise Linux OS release isn't even out yet, its long-term maintenance support, and Python 2 reaching EOL at the start of 2010, but now it's been made official...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-8-No-Python-2

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Red Hat Confirms RHEL 8 Will Drop Python 2

Python 2 reaching EOL at the start of 2010

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-8-No-Python-2
    Ahem... 2020

Comment

Originally posted by haaninjo View Post

Ahem... 2020
      Typo thanks
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Typo thanks
          Michael, i dunno where you get the idea that RHEL8 wil;l use Wayland as Default? when its not evewn complete an is still missing a lot of functionality

Comment

My 1st reaction was "that will piss off a lot of my team mates" ... ie lots of python2 code ( dev/ops ) will need to be fixed. But then I remembered ... we still have CentOS 6 boxes around, and no real plan to upgrade them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

Michael, i dunno where you get the idea that RHEL8 wil;l use Wayland as Default? when its not evewn complete an is still missing a lot of functionality
              Awwwwwww, shucks Anvil. I would have thought you'd have fixed all this missing functionality by the time Redhat 8 comes out? Or is bitching in forums the extent of your effort?

Comment

Given the DNF 3.0 proposed changes and Stratis still in the horizon, I think RHEL 8.0 will come only next year..

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Awwwwwww, shucks Anvil. I would have thought you'd have fixed all this missing functionality by the time Redhat 8 comes out? Or is bitching in forums the extent of your effort?
                  yes i come here to Bitch, like the majority of you do. isnt that what Phoronix forum is for

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
                    My 1st reaction was "that will piss off a lot of my team mates" ... ie lots of python2 code ( dev/ops ) will need to be fixed. But then I remembered ... we still have CentOS 6 boxes around, and no real plan to upgrade them.
                    Isnt migrating from Python 2 to 3 really straightfoward, unlike some other transitions?

Comment

Working...
                    X