Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feral Releases "GameMode" System Tool For Linux, Currently Sets CPU Scaling Governor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
    systemd cancer again ... if even simple tools start being dependent on it, we can give up the whole FOSS idea ...
    Conspiracy! They want us to obey systemd! We should really create a petition at change.org, asking for systemd removal from Linux distros. Only problem, I don't know who should we ask...

Comment

I really appreciate the release of GameMode by Feral, sounds like a great idea and it helps to improve Linux gaming.

Comment

Just install indicator-cpufreq...

Comment

systemd cancer again ... if even simple tools start being dependent on it, we can give up the whole FOSS idea ...
          Yeah, damn that Unix philosphy of making things modular and depending on other tools. We should do things monolithic instead like Windows..

No wait, no we shouldnt, and systemd is awesome for being so modular and unixy.

Comment

I do not understand how this prevents FOSS idea.
            Ohh no, this library relies on Linux, this is preventing the entire FOSS Idea.... same kinda thing.
            what's so cancerous about systemd that prevents people from adapting to it anyways, I didn't find it too difficult and painful, it was a change to something I found to be a problem and I did get frustrated when I first encountered it.
            Later I've learnt it and seems good enough to me and it solved quite a few things and there are a trillion other things I'd care about first ;P

Comment

Originally posted by oleyska View Post

I do not understand how this prevents FOSS idea.
              Ohh no, this library relies on Linux, this is preventing the entire FOSS Idea.... same kinda thing.
              what's so cancerous about systemd that prevents people from adapting to it anyways, I didn't find it too difficult and painful, it was a change to something I found to be a problem and I did get frustrated when I first encountered it.
              Later I've learnt it and seems good enough to me and it solved quite a few things and there are a trillion other things I'd care about first ;P
              Because if anything uses systemd then that is bad and if anything uses something else then that is good. Sometimes these people are pulled straight out of Animal Farm (or 1984 for that matter).

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                Just install indicator-cpufreq...
                Is it still maintained?

Comment

It was updated 2 weeks ago.

System Monitor and Power Manager. Contribute to konkor/cpufreq development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Yeah, damn that Unix philosphy of making things modular and depending on other tools. We should do things monolithic instead like Windows..

No wait, no we shouldnt, and systemd is awesome for being so modular and unixy.
                    Then go install FreeBSD. This was NEVER the GNU philosophy, and NEVER the Linux philosophy. GNU has always been "feature complete" and Linux was "Showcase the absolute best of Free software, and apologetically be the best."

Interestingly, systemd only works on GNU, but seems to fit the GNU methodology just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post

Then go install FreeBSD. This was NEVER the GNU philosophy, and NEVER the Linux philosophy. GNU has always been "feature complete" and Linux was "Showcase the absolute best of Free software, and apologetically be the best."

Interestingly, systemd only works on GNU, but seems to fit the GNU methodology just fine.
                      I suggest rereading my comment. I was making the opposite argument you appear to think I was making

Comment

Working...
                      X