LuxMark OpenCL Performance On Windows vs. Linux With Radeon/NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuxMark OpenCL Performance On Windows vs. Linux With Radeon/NVIDIA

Phoronix: LuxMark OpenCL Performance On Windows vs. Linux With Radeon/NVIDIA

When carrying out this week's Windows vs. Linux gaming tests with AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs on the latest drivers, I also took the opportunity to run some fresh OpenCL benchmarks on Windows and Linux with the competing GPU vendors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael , were you using DirectX on Windows with games when your latest gaming test occurred or not?

Comment

A little surprised that ROCm was so far behind in the first test.
      I'm running ethminer on two R9 Fury's and use ROCm on Debian Sid. Here's how my hashrate differed between different drivers:

Debian Sid, ROCm: 56Mh/s
      Debian Sid, AMDGPU-PRO legacy OpenCL driver: 58Mh/s
      Windows 10: 52Mh/s
      Windows 10 (driver set to "compute"): 58Mh/s

The reason I use ROCm is because it doesn't mess up Mesa the way AMDGPU-PRO does.

Comment

Any reason for such a difference in the first test bridgman ? Is it a regression or something?

Amazing how the RX 580 gets near to GTX 1080TI on the microphone tests using ROCm

Comment

Working...
        X