Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian & Kali Linux Are Now On Windows Subsystem for Linux

Phoronix: Debian & Kali Linux Are Now On Windows Subsystem for Linux

Microsoft has announced this week the latest Linux distributions now available via the Windows 10 Store for running on Windows Subsystem for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kali on Windows? Sounds… interesting…

Comment

Is there an offline installer for any of these like there was for SFU 3.5? At the moment it seems to take us to the ratty Windows store. Since my sole copy of Windows is cracked to high heaven (albeit a legit copy that I choose not to activate), I don't do well on their DRM store platform front end.
      Last edited by kpedersen; 06 March 2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Still no Fedora? :-(

Comment

Why don't you activate it, as a matter of interest? Do they get less info on you that way?

Comment

Originally posted by AsciiWolf View Post
            Still no Fedora? :-(
            Im pretty sure fedora is already included

Comment

Where is arch???

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                Is there an offline installer for any of these like there was for SFU 3.5? At the moment it seems to take us to the ratty Windows store. Since my sole copy of Windows is cracked to high heaven (albeit a legit copy that I choose not to activate), I don't do well on their DRM store platform front end.
                Not from MS, but there you can get LxRunOffline to handle that and more.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                  Where is arch???
                  Arch doesnt comingle with inferior systems. It replaces them. =P

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                    You can buy a genuine windows license on ebay for like 5$ or less.

They are MSDN activation keys, (they can't be sold legally), MS won't see any money.

Comment

Working...
                    X