FreeBSD Finally Gets Mitigated For Spectre & Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Good luck working in any size group of people with that attitude. Even a tiny sampling of people would include people that would not be able to work with you.
    Gee, thanks.

I'm sure as taking advice from some nut rambling about 'six genders' is going to be helpful to me and my 35+ years of work as a developer and manager in both tiny startups to midsize companies and now with my own personal software development business I own.

And remember folks. There are only two options with Code of Conducts:

1. No CoC with roaming bands of alt-right Trump supporters raping female employees in their cubicles and sending dicpics in online technical forums and lists

2. Batshit insane feminist/identity politic CoC that define every white male as guilty by their very existence and anything and everything may be called harassment or a threat by non-white males

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
      There's a pretty large difference between the number of hoops I'll jump through at work, and the number I'm willing to jump through in my free time when I'm voluntarily contributing.
      That is the fundamental fact that the FreeBSD Core doesn't want to face.

Right now mods in FreeBSD forums and sites like reddit are frantically shutting down thread and deleting comments for wrong think about the toxic CoC. Calling everyone who dares speak up against it 'alt right trolls'.

They think this is something they can just ram down the community's throat, silence all avenues of protest, and everything will be fine.

In reality, that huge potential pool of developers for FreeBSD silently will write the project off and put their efforts elsewhere.

The SJW takeovers of large open source projects have gone on long enough now that the horrorshows of innocent developers getting harassed and lives ruined by lunatic SJWs embolden by these toxic CoCs are well known. And no one is going to risk their reputation and personal life over the infinite number of things that feminists or SJWs take offense at.

FreeBSD won't just die with developers walking off. It will be a slow decay into irrelevance as it becomes increasingly difficult to find new talent to work on the project.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post

Gee, thanks.

I'm sure as taking advice from some nut rambling about 'six genders' is going to be helpful to me and my 35+ years of work as a developer and manager in both tiny startups to midsize companies and now with my own personal software development business I own.

And remember folks. There are only two options with Code of Conducts:

1. No CoC with roaming bands of alt-right Trump supporters raping female employees in their cubicles and sending dicpics in online technical forums and lists

2. Batshit insane feminist/identity politic CoC that define every white male as guilty by their very existence and anything and everything may be called harassment or a threat by non-white males
        You're the nut. You don't even know the difference between sex and gender. I'm sure you've heard of genetics, but I'm also sure you have no clue about epigenetics. It's due to your own ignorance and subsequent -fear- that you feel threatened. Just listen to yourself, everyone else is batshit crazy and trying to harass and threaten any white male? Really? A code of conduct that lays out obvious rules of behavior for almost every group is akin to alt-right trump supporters raping female employees? Really?

Comment

You're the nut. You don't even know the difference between sex and gender. I'm sure you've heard of genetics, but I'm also sure you have no clue about epigenetics. It's due to your own ignorance and subsequent -fear- that you feel threatened. Just listen to yourself, everyone else is batshit crazy and trying to harass and threaten any white male? Really? A code of conduct that lays out obvious rules of behavior for almost every group is akin to alt-right trump supporters raping female employees? Really?
          Oh cute. A lecture from some wacko on sex and gender.

Here let me toss my degree in Psychology in the trash and listen to your ideological ramblings.

Comment

Oh cute. A lecture from some wacko on sex and gender.

Here let me toss my degree in Psychology in the trash and listen to your ideological ramblings.
            Based on all that I've read here, there is no possible way I believe that. Maybe you took a class or two during the course education, but no chance in any hell you have a degree. Automatic quack right there.

Comment

Based on all that I've read here, there is no possible way I believe that. Maybe you took a class or two during the course education, but no chance in any hell you have a degree. Automatic quack right there.
              The fact that you think my Psychology degree is some sort of extraordinary claim is hilarious.

Shall I make you look like a bigger fool and list my old psyc books from college? Basic Psych, Abnormal Psych, and the AI related CogSci books?

Take your science devoid gender studies/stuff I read on tumblr and go away.

Comment

The fact that you think my Psychology degree is some sort of extraordinary claim is hilarious.

Shall I make you look like a bigger fool and list my old psyc books from college? Basic Psych, Abnormal Psych, and the AI related CogSci books?

duby229 is a troll. He is trolling you. Stop feeding the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post

duby229 is a troll. He is trolling you. Stop feeding the troll.
                  You're a troll. Whoever felt it dealt it.

Comment

Quack. Anybody can google search for names of some books. Liar.

EDIT: Facts are what facts are whether you like them or not. Your claims are not extraordinary in any kind of way, they are just flat out lies.
                    Here's an overly simplified article that your obviously uneducated mind -might- be able to understand....

Sex and gender are different. Sex is assigned at birth, while gender is how a person identifies. Gender encompasses a broad spectrum. Learn more here.

The facts are there are at least 6 sexes and thousands of genders whether you like it or not.If you really want to know what the biological mechanism is, it's this...

Last edited by duby229; 18 February 2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

When you are done laughing at the FreeBSD Core earning themselves a Darwin award for their virtue signaling efforts and handing the project of the lunatic SJWs.

Linus could be hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow or any other number of changes to Linux that could find you not laughing anymore.

The SJWs and other political organizations have been hammering on FreeBSD ever since the adopted the good CoC that had SJWs like Randi Harper screaming and crying.

While you work and go on with your lives, they don't sleep or ever stop.

Linux would be well served to start taking proactive steps to codify that the project is a meritocracy, requirement that members take the least offense, etc. Linus always be around to give a 'lol, nope' to these SJW attacks on open source projects.

Comment

Working...
                      X