FreeBSD Finally Gets Mitigated For Spectre & Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arokh View Post

I can already tell that I don't like you. "More worthless"? You think you are better than other people, is that it? Please don't advertise that you are Norwegian, you are a disgrace. Don't reproduce either.
    Sure fine, not problem with that. And just for the record - pick a random person, there is lots of people that are both better and worse than that person. Same goes for me, you and just about anyone you know.

And as I said , the "more worthless" is built into all of us. If you see a person with a huge rash do you avoid him/her?! Of course you do, it is primal. it is all about avoiding what can be dangerous to us. Diseases, people more powerful than you are etc... it is not so much about saying that people are a piece of crap once you get to know them, it is all about first impressions, and as we all know - that can be deceiving, but usually people tend to judge a book by it's cover. I do that, you do that , we all do that!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      There is little to discuss about the news anyway.
      Then let there be silence. All this "The SJW's are coming to enslave us!" paranoia is tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        I don't get a lot of the complaints above. If you're part of the FreeBSD community and you're "all about the code", then the CoC will never affect you. All it does is explicitly mention examples of bad behavior - like telling someone to go kill themselves - and tells you not to do it. Really you shouldn't need someone to tell you that's inappropriate but even based on the comments on this post alone, a CoC is required. If you cannot understand why a CoC is necessary then considered yourself privileged or woefully lacking in empathy.

q.e.d.
        The SJW are not about helping the not priviledged ones, or making the world a better place. They are just selfish drama queens who claim themselves as opressed and offended and dont even stick to their own rules. No one needs such persons who have such doublestandards and only create unwelcome and unproductive environments.

Comment

This is quite surreal, the OS with the more politically center license (Everyone can use and modify) went full SJW left wing socially (Harassment includes anything I want).

And the OS with the most politically left license (everyone must share), it has the most center/right-wing social policy (insulting others for what you think is bad code is okay!)

What a time to be alive!

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Either this or flamewars about how FreeBSD is slow development and sucks and how Linux is great and how GPL is superior and stuff like that.
            Those are facts, so there's no point in further discussion about this.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
              This is quite surreal, the OS with the more politically center license (Everyone can use and modify) went full SJW left wing socially (Harassment includes anything I want).

And the OS with the most politically left license (everyone must share), it has the most center/right-wing social policy (insulting others for what you think is bad code is okay!)

What a time to be alive!
              Dying OS which is proprietary bitch and nearly nobody cares about it throws SJW on its community, so it has its few minutes of fame. Prove: this thread is more popular than any other *BSD related thread. Linux is Linus project, so he can blame people for stupid ideas and nobody gives a shit about your opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

What a time to be alive!
                I'm surprised it took until page 5 of the comments for someone to point this out!!

For decades, one of the main things BSD users have loved to goad Linux users with has been their less complex, easier to follow license and now this!

Comment

Wow, the anti-sjw crowd really are a bunch of drama queens. This is in a topic and spectre and meltdown all about that they can't be reactionary shitposters and contribute to FreeBSD anymore. Meanwhile not really helping patch FreeBSD.

Next, of course is the discussion that FreeBSD is less Free because of SJWs, all the while FreeBSD's opposition to GNU and Linux along license lines is for the opposite. GPL is more restrictive because its more pro-SJW, i.e. preventing people from violating how they seem unethical, while FreeBSD was more inclusive historically. On top of that, Stallman himself is a leftie and SJW, and his concept of Free software is very social justicey.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
                    Wow, the anti-sjw crowd really are a bunch of drama queens. This is in a topic and spectre and meltdown all about that they can't be reactionary shitposters and contribute to FreeBSD anymore. Meanwhile not really helping patch FreeBSD.
                    Look Princess, when I of all people am having to side with that fucking troll BeardedGnuFreak there's a problem. The previous CoC that FreeBSD had to gargle was stupid but ultimately not too onerous. This one is copy-pasta'd from Geek Feminism and wow is it a doozy by consequence, especially as it applies to spaces outside of FreeBSD and includes nonsense like not criticizing Social Justice, not sending virtual hugs, not commenting on food preferences.

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
                    Next, of course is the discussion that FreeBSD is less Free because of SJWs, all the while FreeBSD's opposition to GNU and Linux along license lines is for the opposite. GPL is more restrictive because its more pro-SJW, i.e. preventing people from violating how they seem unethical, while FreeBSD was more inclusive historically. On top of that, Stallman himself is a leftie and SJW, and his concept of Free software is very social justicey.
                    Stallman being a technocommunist and there being no GNU-Free distro is why I jumped over to FreeBSD in the first place.

Comment

It's hard to say what needs to be done firstly fighting with an army of infiltrated SJWs, bugs squashing or respect useless C0C which look like more like a minefield. Simply say: Just a BIG Waste of time. Better: Fork-it.

Comment

Working...
                      X