Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPNsense 18.1 BSD Firewall/Network OS Released

Phoronix: OPNsense 18.1 BSD Firewall/Network OS Released

After hitting the RC phase a few weeks ago, OPNsense 18.1 has been officially released as the latest version of this pfSense-forked network/router-oriented BSD operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still no Pi Images

Comment

Did BSD fixed their Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
        Did BSD fixed their Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilities?
        As mentioned in the article, not yet.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I am seriously considering switching to OPNsense from its parrent distro pfSense.
          Mostly based on this crap : http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/s...ase=D2017-1828

Note that pfSense also seems to spread bad stuff constantly towards OPNsense. On the other hand OPNsense have done a lot of advertising and try to hide that most of it is still pfSense rebranded. They seem to do a lot of good work tough, and even if they borrow the best bits from pfSense I think that OPNsense might be the better of the two.

Any opinions or view from others? I would appreciate some views on this.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
            I am seriously considering switching to OPNsense from its parrent distro pfSense.
            Mostly based on this crap : http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/s...ase=D2017-1828

Note that pfSense also seems to spread bad stuff constantly towards OPNsense.
            Yup, that puts it lightly. And the pfSense mentality that all non-Intel network hardware is worthless (I've run a dual on-board Realtek GbE mini-ITX AMD box for years now). Users that by cheap add-on cards is one thing, but pfSense users requested on the forum that they follow OPNsense's change to Realtek's open driver in place of the BSD driver, as it fixed an issue with Suricata at that time. After berating the users for a while, the admin deleted the forum thread.

Comment

On one occassion, I recieved a human response from what I thought was an automated system submission. Turns out was an OPNSense dev thanking me for the help submitting a report and offered up a time for the next release
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by jwh7 View Post
                Yup, that puts it lightly. And the pfSense mentality that all non-Intel network hardware is worthless (I've run a dual on-board Realtek GbE mini-ITX AMD box for years now). Users that by cheap add-on cards is one thing, but pfSense users requested on the forum that they follow OPNsense's change to Realtek's open driver in place of the BSD driver, as it fixed an issue with Suricata at that time. After berating the users for a while, the admin deleted the forum thread.
                WAG, might be the legacy of RTL8139, which was one shitty NIC and very widespread back in the time. My pfSense box with 3 of these had issues daily..

EDIT: 18.1.1 is out. Patch notes:
                Here are the full patch notes:
                • firewall: ignore target port alias in port forwards when it equals the destination
                • firewall: align outbound NAT address output to edit page
                • firewall: use first region for country in GeoIP category instead of last one
                • system: improve layout of gateway status labels (contributed by Fabian Franz)
                • system: improve order of group / user setup as "wheel" was not added correctly on save
                • dashboard: touch device improvements in widgets (contributed by NOYB)
                • opendns: always refresh the setting on save
                • openvpn: open links in a new tab (contributed by Fabian Franz)
                • ui: system-wide HTML compliance improvements (contributed by NOYB)
                • plugins: arp-scan 1.1 improves interface search (contributed by Giuseppe De Marco)
                • plugins: os-dyndns 1.6 fixes Route 53 IPv6 usage (contributed by theq86)
                • plugins: os-freebsd 1.5.2 clarifies certificate validation (contributed by Michael Muenz)
                • plugins: os-openconnect 1.0 (contributed by Michael Muenz)
                • plugins: os-rfc2136 1.2 improves widget load
                • plugins: os-telegraf 1.3.1 adds ping hosts and graphite validation fix (contributed by Michael Muenz)
                • plugins: os-rspamd 1.1 fixes typos (contributed by Fabian Franz)
                • plugins: os-zerotier 1.3.1 makes database persist on /var MFS (contributed by David Harrigan)
                • ports: curl 7.58.0[1]
                • ports: py27-cryptography 2.1.4
                Last edited by aht0; 02 February 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X