Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Decade Of Phoronix Article Statistics From 2007 To 2017

Phoronix: A Decade Of Phoronix Article Statistics From 2007 To 2017

This year on Phoronix there has been more than 3,700 original Linux/FLOSS news posts, benchmarks, hardware reviews and more. Here's how that compares to prior years...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nice work, keep it going and take a break once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
      Thanks
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        Or even just once.

Comment

Thank you for your awesome work and interesting Benchmarks!
          Keep up the great work in 2018.
          I find it pretty amazing that you manage to publish multible articles per day, respond to your community in the Forum and work on Phoromatic.
          Please don't work yourself into an burnout.

About AdBlock:
          i had disabled uBock on Phoronix till one advertisement type started making it very hard to use the Forum properly. Sometimes a advertisement fixed in the upper left corner blocks parts of posts and covers half of the site when you accidentally slide you mouse on it. It might not be a problem for people with big screens, but with a resolution of only 1280x1024 that is very annoying.
          Screenshots:

Comment

Originally posted by QuImUfu View Post
            Thank you for your awesome work and interesting Benchmarks!
            Keep up the great work in 2018.
            I find it pretty amazing that you manage to publish multible articles per day, respond to your community in the Forum and work on Phoromatic.
            Please don't work yourself into an burnout.

About AdBlock:
            i had disabled uBock on Phoronix till one advertisement type started making it very hard to use the Forum properly. Sometimes a advertisement fixed in the upper left corner blocks parts of posts and covers half of the site when you accidentally slide you mouse on it. It might not be a problem for people with big screens, but with a resolution of only 1280x1024 that is very annoying.
            Screenshots:
            Screenshots don't appear to be working but if you can provide more info can get it fixed.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Funny. The screenshots are very... bugged. Only the PC that posted the post displays them
              Dropbox links to them:

It is not a problem in higher Resolutions, because it does not overlap the text (tested by virtually increasing the resolution to 2560x2048 and on a computer with 1920x1080 resolution). i think even lower resolutions would make the problem bigger but i doubt anyone has a screen with less than 1280 (and a browser window with less than 1107) width.
              debianxfce it technically works fine. It is just incredibly hard to work with.

Comment

What I would like to see changed is that annoying page jump when reading the forum comments on a mobile phone to the first comment once the page is fully loaded. That is extremely annoying!

I vaguely recall Michael stating that this has to do with vbulletin. However, if it is open source (is it?), you can just patch it, right?

Is there any hope to take that auto jump option out (or disable it), pleeeease?

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBorsboom View Post
                  However, if it is open source (is it?), you can just patch it, right?
                  It's proprietary software but it is also open source simply because it's written in PHP. The license permits modification.

Comment

I for one would applaud if Michael took some well-deserved holidays, and I have the impression that I'm not alone in this.

Comment

Working...
                    X