Phoronix Premium, Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Winter Shopping Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Premium, Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Winter Shopping Reminders

Phoronix: Phoronix Premium, Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Winter Shopping Reminders

It's the Christmas shopping season and in the US there is Thanksgiving and the Black Friday and Cyber Monday events... Here's a Phoronix Premium special and a few reminders...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just signed up for the Premium subscription a week before this announcement. Can I purchase the Lifetime subscription instead of the Premium?
    Perhaps adding the difference of the $100 lifetime subscription from the Premium subscription amount paid to the posted Paypal link for donation?
    Last edited by azdaha; 29 November 2017, 04:19 AM. Reason: suggested method for upgrade subscription

Comment

Originally posted by azdaha View Post
      I just signed up for the Premium subscription a week before this announcement. Can I purchase the Lifetime subscription instead of the Premium?
      Perhaps adding the difference of the $100 lifetime subscription from the Premium subscription amount paid to the posted Paypal link for donation?
      Sure, that works.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thank you, Michael!

Keep up the good work. In the meantime, I'm assuming that the discrepancies with the account status and apparent reverted features will be resolved shortly, as I am not able to read articles on a single page and some adverts started showing up.

Comment

Thank you, Michael!

Keep up the good work. In the meantime, I'm assuming that the discrepancies with the account status and apparent reverted features will be resolved shortly, as I am not able to read articles on a single page and some adverts started showing up.
          There was a forum upgrade today. If you log back out and back in (and check the 'remember me' box) is it working fine?
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I am not able to log out for some reason. I've tried removing phoronix from whitelist for cookies, using while Web Console is opened (with Disable HTTP cache). Every time I hit "Log Out", it has no effect, as the page loads with my username listed and message notifications shown just like before.

UPDATE: Actually, after removing phoronix from whitelist, and removing all cookies for the domain, I was able to log out. After login again, however, the same problems are still there. The adverts are still displayed and articles are across multiple pages.

Last edited by azdaha; 03 December 2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

By the way, I've tested with Firefox as well as with Chromium. The same behavior and results.

Comment

The Articles are showing up on a single page once again now. I have no problem with logout/login. I'm not sure that all adverts are gone, as the Social Media buttons are displayed still. However, for the most part the account appears to be in good standing with regards to the premium features.

Comment

The Articles are showing up on a single page once again now. I have no problem with logout/login. I'm not sure that all adverts are gone, as the Social Media buttons are displayed still. However, for the most part the account appears to be in good standing with regards to the premium features.
                  Social media icons on the site aren't considered 'ads', actually the first time any premium member has complained about them being there.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Well, just pointing out the fact that they're tracking methods. In the meantime, EFF's Privacy Badger is doing a decent job of disabling their functionality.

Thanks again, Michael.

Comment

Working...
                    X