Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Joins IDG TechNetwork

Phoronix: Phoronix Joins IDG TechNetwork

We are pleased to announce today at Phoronix that we have joined IDG's TechNetwork, which is a media network of technology sites. As many of you are aware, the parent company IDG owns a number of Internet and print publications such as Computer World, PC World, Linux World, and many others...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's rather nice. Are there any limitations on this?

ie., if you're currently a phoronix member is your subscription still valid? would phoronix change story focus in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
      ie., if you're currently a phoronix member is your subscription still valid? would phoronix change story focus in any way?
      Phoronix Premium members shouldn't notice any changes aside from possibly more content and good stuff in the future

The focus of Phoronix will remain the same, definitely.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

i hope that will not increase of ads for normal forum members such me... but congrats maybe Phoronix and it?s Test suite gets more acknowledged than nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
          i hope that will not increase of ads for normal forum members such me... but congrats maybe Phoronix and it?s Test suite gets more acknowledged than nowadays.
          Ideally there will be less ads in general if the new estimates hold true.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I'm not particularly thrilled with this news.

However "more content and good stuff" does sound good now doesn't it, not at all vague or empty.

Though we'll wait and see, perhaps I'm just bitter.

Comment

Its good to see IDG is taking an interest in Phoronix and more importantly its users. Other advertisement driven sites frequently visited by Linux users like Slashdot have linux related ads that do not seem to match up with the commercial interest of many Linux users at all.

Its nice and theres new 100x PCI-E slot Double-Extra-Awesome sized motherboard that supports 768GB of RAM, but when the page it links to is plastered with Certified for Windows Vista Logos and mentions nothing about Linux support, it quickly becomes irrelevant.

Comment

Just promise your readers one thing: IDG will never dictate or influence Phoronix content in any way. The biggest IDG-owned brands rarely have useful content.

Comment

Originally posted by unix_epoch View Post
                  Just promise your readers one thing: IDG will never dictate or influence Phoronix content in any way. The biggest IDG-owned brands rarely have useful content.
                  You can be assured that the content won't be influenced or changed.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

And I was waiting for NewsForge to get you!

Comment

Working...
                    X